Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got it running good, now with pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by freeflow, Sep 3, 2006.

1. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

Well i changed the plugs and fuel filter and it runs alot better now , no more sputter sputter lol.

Its a 87 1/2 ton long bed 350,700,208,10 bolts with 30' rubber for now. I think im just gonna go 4" lift and 35" bfg muds- but since im gonna be getting bigger tires i wanna do gears to help the tranny and performance. what gears would you all want? 4.10 or 4.56???????

I have a spare set of 10 bolt axles out back that i could rebuild and regear and swap into this truck, Or i have a 14 ff out back also that i could regear and either use a 10 bolt for the front or hunt down a 60- im not sure which way i wanna go yet.

The Suburban into crew cab project has slowed down for the year since summer is pretty much over had to move it out of the garage so i can park in there for the winter, so its under a tarp till next year- thats why im thinking about taking the 14 ff out from under it and just putting 1/2 axles under it till i get farther along with it then find a 14/60 combo to throw under it.

Im going out to take some pics of it right now ill post them up here in a lil bit.:D

Brad

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

just a couple pics of the way it looks as of now.

Picture 234.jpg

Picture 235.jpg

3. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

And before somebody says why do you have a diffrent tire in ther rear- lol i put a bfg all terrain next to the tire on there to see what it would look like