Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got laid off today.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shaggy, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Just got laid off today. I also just put a deposit on a house this weekend. Ain't that some sh!t? Look for a house for a year, find one that I love and put a deposit on it, then get laid off 3 days later. Nonrefundable deposit too so I'm really screwed. If anyone knows of any Desktop support jobs in the bay area (yeah right), please let me know. </font>

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Does this sound like it would work:

Design, develop, implement, enhance and/or operate information systems, communications hardware and/or software in support of business goals.Provides technical systems and software support for modification, implementation, or conversion of business systems. Translates business needs into technical requirements and ensures all systems support and conform to business needs and specifications. Acts as liaison between business unit and software/hardware developers and vendors.Provides technical systems and software support for modification, implementation, or conversion of business systems. Translates business needs into technical requirements and ensures all systems support and conform to business needs and specifications.

PM me if you want more info.

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope you are able to find something quick so you can keep going on the house. Don't give up on it yet.

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that man. good luck in the job hunt.

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Don't know how it works in Ca, but with proof of being laid off (not fired), your Agent should be able to get a refund of Earnest Money/deposit as well as some other types of prepaids if you catch them within a week (3-5 days)...

Good Luck finding a job...

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Bummer Man, sorry to hear that. Don't give up on the house yet. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that fawking sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif sorry to hear about that /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That sucks...sorry to hear that, especially w/ the house thing. I was laid off a while back so I know how it feels. Get your feelers out there and you'll be back in no time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wow does that ever suck!! I'm sure you'll bounce right back and probably find something even better though. Why don't ya head up here and be a fabricator for a while? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We got about a years work ahead of us at the moment...

Rene

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow does that ever suck!! I'm sure you'll bounce right back and probably find something even better though. Why don't ya head up here and be a fabricator for a while? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We got about a years work ahead of us at the moment...

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> I'd love to be a fabricator, but I couldn't fabricate my way out of a cardboard box, so I doubt anyone would hire me. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I couldn't fabricate my way out of a cardboard box

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither can 80% of the guys that apply here...that doesn't seem to stop them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Good luck on the job hunt Evan...I got my fingers crossed for you!

Rene

12. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hey rene...ill take a job fabricating..i hardly know how to use a torch, cant really weld but im mean with a cutoff wheel...LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dont feel bad, ive been laid off since august 26th and i am terminated if not back to the plant by the same date coming up very soon this year and the union agreement made up last year changed it from 18 months ot 12 months and then we get laid off !
    hmm, planned ? you bet!

i would never be dumb enough to buy a car or house or anything else that requires payments, not until some year that maybe the world is straight again.

becoem self employed if at all possible, seems to be only way to keep afloat from here on out especially if you live in The Land Of Nothing(IL)
    no one is safe from layoffs, for about the last year now, or little longer even.

i can torch all day long even had my own setup and it was doing me no good, could never get me work, so i traded it off the other day, monday i think that was.

good luck

14. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

For lack of something better to say.

15. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

sorry to hear that man....somebody out there needs your help an hopefuly will pay you more tahn you made before....Jesse