Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got Lift Installed But Have a PROBLEM !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by porkchop, Aug 25, 2002.

1. porkchop

porkchop Registered Member

Just finished Installing my lift that's no fun when your doing it alone But hell got it in. My problem is that When I went to put on the new drop pit-man arm the 3 studs that hold it didn't line up all that well to the holes. So after screaming and yelling and saying other things I got it on But only one bolt would screw on the others are some what striped. What should I do re-tap them or try to remove the studs which I'm sure they are worse then removing the pressure washer from the arm any help would be great

2. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you are talking about a raised steering arm. Any way I would replace the studs, nuts, and cones. I take my steering seriously. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Marc

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Replace them. They're only a couple of bucks each at the dealer. We left my buddies blazer 20 miles into a mountain trail cos his broke! All 3 of them! Cheap insurance policy.

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

If you strip them, replace them!!!! I've done it with the BFH when I was beating the Damn thing off!!! It happens!! They are soft enough to cross thread and distroy!!!! The nuts are harder than the studs!!!! It's cheap, but the hardest part is getting the studs out, soak them in penetrating oil, top and bottom over night.... Then get a GOOD set of vise grip and clamp real hard, then tap in the loosening direction!!! It sometimes takes a lot of patiance(something I have none of)! You can also try the double nut trick, but if you could get a nut on it, you wouldn't be removing it! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. porkchop

porkchop Registered Member

Thanks guys I think I'll bring the truck to the shop and let them replace the studs, cones, & bolts due to my stree leavel be very small
    Thamks again

6. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i got mine from the chevy dealership, they were like 3.95 each