Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got me a new toy!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Mar 29, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well i finally got the money to buy a high lift jack. Man those things are cool!
    I whent out back and was aplying whith it a bit, jack up the luv push luv off high lift laugh as dad laughs at me. Ah a good time. Tomarow im going to try it out as a come-along. Man these things are COOL! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    jack up the luv push luv off high lift

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah, good to see you did it intentionally - mine was more of a scary accident. Used it while installing my lift to lift my truck off the hydraulic jack while I put another block under the hydraulic jack to get more lift out of it...and when the weight of the vehicle was off the hydraulic jack and on the high-lift, the front-end of my truck fell about 2" and shifted to the right 1"...I would've smashed my axle/rotors on the ground if it weren't for the jackstands that caught it. USE JACKSTANDS. Instead of my Dad laughing when he saw that, he dang near called an end to the lift install (I was just starting). Well, that's my story - and yes, hi-lifts are sweet and I've used mine SO many times for really weird jobs (i.e. pulling a 4" round dead tree out of the ground by my house for "landscaping," and repositioning 1 of the posts on my deer blind in a wet area at 11pm the night of opening day of gun-season).

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Becarefull,

those things care cool, but can be scary