Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got me a trailer!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Jun 20, 2004.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeeeehaaaaaa!!! Now I just need a tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

always showing off that mall crawler, sad I tell you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Dang....Thats a trailer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Jason,

Congradulations on the Trailer, I'm totally digging my Gooseneck, I'm sure you will alos. They are the bomb when towing, make the trip much nicer. Keep after the tow rig, I love my Dodge, would not trade it for anything. I did the camper on the toung of the gooseneck thing though. My Dually tows my setup just fine an the gooseneck think is the only way to go..

Congradulations, and enjoy the new setup. It will last you for years, and will be lot's of fun.

See you in Moab!!!!

Rob

[​IMG]

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lookin' good Jason! Looks like you are all ready for the Fest. I can't wait to see that animal in a few days. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. willyswanter

Rob, I wanted one a little longer so I could do the camper thing but just couldn't find one in my price range on this side of the country! This was is brand new and I got it for half the cost that they sell for here locally, bought it in AZ. Speaking of AZ, it's forkin hot!!! Got to 109 where I was picking the trailer up. I was sitting in the sun for an hour re-wiring the trailer plug since it came with a 6 way and the truck uses a 7 way. Took an hour because the truck is wired different than standard so I had to go through each and every wire on the truck and find where they go and figure it all out, had no test light or dmm /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My trailer is 6 pin round too. I use an adapter from the 7 pin that the truck is wired.

6 pin round comes in two different types (which you learned the hard way). My adapter is made so that it can switch from one type to another by disassembling it and changing two of the wires. I had to do this at the trailer place because mine was backwards. Luckily they were glad to lend me a screwdriver at the place that I bought my trailer.

Adapter was $7 or so and I still have the 7 pin connector at the bumper.

My dad went to Hawaii for two weeks so the rednecks have moved in. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My dad went to Hawaii for two weeks so the rednecks have moved in. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

so can the new rednecks in your neighborhood come visit next weekend or not? my rents are out of town too, and that setup would look killer in my driveway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. willyswanter

Yeah, I tried the adapter, problem is the adapter wasn't allowing my brakes to work... With the dual axle brakes they were drawing too much current and the tiny wires in the adapter melted /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif . So I had to wire a plug on the end, I planned on doing this anyway but wanted to do it at home where it wasn't 109...

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Ouch...my trailer has brakes on both axles too (14k GVWR). I certainly hope it doesn't melt that adapter!!

No problems yet though, but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on it.

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeeeehaaaaaa!!! Now I just need a tow rig

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I could have sworn you had a "tow rig" a little while back. Not sure what happened to it though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. willyswanter

Yeah it's weird huh? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yeeeehaaaaaa!!! Now I just need a tow rig

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I could have sworn you had a "tow rig" a little while back. Not sure what happened to it though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this tow rig had a vortec big block, 170+ inches of wheelbase, a/c, leaf springs front and rear?? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Jason,

Yea AZ is very hot right now, it's been 110 all day today. Hell I thought I was going to melt when we went out today.

Yea when I bought my gooseneck, I drove from AZ to Las Cruces NM to pick it up. Got to the guys house at 1:00 am, and had to rewire the connection also, what a pain. Once I got it home, I ended up rewiring and putting new light on the complete trailer. Got such a smoking deal on the trailer, I was not about to complain. Where in AZ did you but the trailer at? I'm curious, I saw the add on EBay for the one you bought!

Your setup look great, keep up the good work, BUY A DODGE, they tow like animals.

Rob

15. willyswanter

I bought it from a guy in Tucson but he was able to pull it to Yuma and store it at his moms furniture store in the back and I picked it up there, in Yuma. Saved 3 or so hours of driving each way.

About the Dodge, yeah I know, I'm one of the biggest Cummins promoters ever /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif . I'm looking at one locally but if it falls through I'm looking on ebay too.

16. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

BIG RIG, BIGGER TRAILER! Very nice... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Do you have a closeup of that camo net? What kind of material? I'm looking for one similar texture and color...

I dont want to feel left out so here's my pic on the homecoming of rusty /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]

17. willyswanter

A fellow ck5 member that I know gave it to me. It's really nice, about 14x10 or so. I'm going to make it into a nice cover for the back to keep the sun off of my ice chests and such.

18. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Yep... when and if I ever get to that point I'm thinkin about choppin the top off and building the cage into the body and windsheild frame. I want something to cover from the windsheild back to the rear rollbar. Keep the sun out and hopefully a little water. Then I'm going to make some kind of a screen net to camp in the back /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifDAYUUM /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I have seen your truck up close and it is big, doesn't really look that big until there is something to compare it too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Cool trailer /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif