Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my 1 ton axels!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coloradoblazers, Sep 1, 2002.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Finally I have them! Got a dana 60, corp 14 bolt ff, and after a long day of driveing, and heavy lifting they are now in my drive way. As soon as I rebuild them, find some 16.5 rims and some parts, I will be ready to go!! OF course it wont be that simple. My luck there will be a buch of minor setbacks, just to keep me on my toes and guessing, or else what fun would it be?
    Anyway i am so excited, cant wait till I can go play with them!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Congrats, I just got a set of those home about a month ago.../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

What gears do they have?
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    find some 16.5 rims

[/ QUOTE ]Are you going to run beadlocks or anything? I'm planning on grinding the calipers up front and running my 15's.

Rene

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

what happened there is suddenly a flood of 1 tonners

congrats

4. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Right now,(depending on the $$ i have left) I think I'll go to a junkyard to find some ugly 16.5's. Take em home and paint them black, and make them look good. If I have the money left, I might invest in some Rockstomper Beadlocks. As of right now, I dont air down. If I had onbord air, I would definatly invest in locks. I was looking for Hummer rims, but the time, money and effort to find, get, and fit them is not worth it right now. Either that or get 20" blades, whatever works best.
    J

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are you far from Colorado Springs? If you want some fairly cheap 16.5's that will also look good, I've got a set of 16.5x9.75 Aluminum Slotted Mags from American Racing that would look really nice on your rig. (I love the way they look on mine!) /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Right now they're mounted with a set of nearly bald 35-inch BFG Mud-Terrains. Take all 4 wheels, the lug nuts and a set of McGard locking lug nuts for $250. I'll throw in the tires for free. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Here's a pic: http://community.webshots.com/photo/22401293/49044752fWCOpU