Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my 1st "No Mud Flaps" ticket.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 8, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Got my 1st \"No Mud Flaps\" ticket.

$101. No mudflaps.

If I put mud flaps on tomorrow and show proof of it, I wonder if they can reduce the ticket. Right now, a $101 ticket puts me even deeper in the financial hole. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

Re: Got my 1st \"No Mud Flaps\" ticket.

ya gotta love WSP.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I had a CHP officer give me a ticket for the same thing, I also had tinted front windows, no front license plate, my headlights are too high, and I had a broken left side mirror, but I did not get any tickets for that stuff. He probably just wanted to see if I had any warrants.
    Luckily it was only a fix it ticket and $10.
    good luck!

4. mountainexplorer

Should I have got a warning first? Someone mentioned that I should have.

5. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

Only if he was having a good day!

6. mountainexplorer

It was both a lady and a guy in the same cop car.

It didn't help that I hadn't washed off the mud from the last mud race. I almost didn't take it to work tonight, but it had gas. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I've noticed more cops around here are actually pulling people over,and issuing tickets for a change--there hasnt been much traffic law enforcement here for quite a while,and the roads have become a free for all death trap,with jerks on cell phones driving at 80+mph and using the interstates as their personal autobahn,and screw everyone else,people here have let their driving slip pretty bad,they pull in front of you,pass in the breakdown lane,etc--just road rage to the max,because they knew there wasnt many cops who will bother to chase them and actually write a ticket--I guess they were all busy at construction work details,here in MA they pay the cops about 40 bucks an hour to stand and watch them dig holes with a backhoe--many times I see them sitting in the cruiser with a newspaper and a coffee,especially if its raining--meanwhile traffic is all backed up,but they dont seem to care.I'm kinda glad they are cracking down on speeders and "road rage"drivers--but I wish they wouldnt pick on trucks that are lifted or be so anal about stupid stuff like mudflaps or window tint--they need to bust the teenage thugs around here that peddle crack in their boombox ricer cars and mustang GT's that are using the industrial parks and even Wal-Marts parking lot and the roads near it for a raceway,before someone gets killed--not to mention the noise keeps you awake half the night.I like hearing burnouts and screaming engines,but at the racetrack--not when I'm trying to sleep.
    I'd try to beat your ticket--make some flaps and go to traffic court if you have too--there's a good chance you'll win.We had one "Barney Fife" type officer in a town near me,he busted everyone with a truck from 1 tons to the semi's for everything you could think of--a lot of local contractors got hit with 100 dollar or more fines for having no tailgates on their utility body trucks,many semi's were stopped and towed away for minor infractions,etc--it got so bad some of the truckers would "patrol" the town in their own cars on their days off and warn the other truckers on th CB of this guys whereabouts,and how to avoid him--the town finally got sick of all the complaints,soon the judges wouldnt even hear his ticket cases,they asked if it was officer so and so,and the charges would be dropped--they finally told the cop to lay off,that the state police's truck team should be handling this,not him--he kept it up,and they put him on a desk job--I heard recently he was admitted to a mental institution!.I bet all the truckers miss him terribly!.I'm not against law enforcement--just against ones that take it way too far like that guy!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    they need to bust the teenage thugs around here that peddle crack in their boombox ricer cars and mustang GT's

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost all your credibility with me right there. Stereotypes are a serious problem.

9. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    they need to bust the teenage thugs around here that peddle crack in their boombox ricer cars and mustang GT's

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost all your credibility with me right there. Stereotypes are a serious problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess those people don't exist.
    I know I've seen 'em, lawrence is pretty heavy with them.
    But they can't exist, because that would be a sterio type.

Don't think he said every kid there is like that, but I would have to say their choice of cars is pretty well just what he said. So few stangs I don't think I'd even mention them though.
    Massachussets sucks in every way possible. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

10. diesel4me

I hate to sound biased,but those are the cars that cause 90%of all the problems around here--Oh--I forgot to mention the Harleys,and the very annoying two stroke crotch rockets too,cant leave them out--thankfully the colder it gets the less of them there are out there keeping me awake!--just stating the facts,I have nothing against the types of cars ansd bikes they drive--its the drivers and their reckless driving habits and all the unnessasary noise that get me ticked off.They hav gotten away with it for so long its going to be hard to eradicate them.Laws are worthless unless the police enforce them. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    If its ok to ticket guys with lifted trucks and dark windows,why wont they go after the ones with theese cars that are using public property for a racetrack and drug dealing??--maybe they have the advantage over the police because they have faster cars and bigger guns?. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Sorry Tim--I'd hate to lose my "credibility" because I struck a nerve--but I am telling the truth,not just bashing a certain age group or type of car or bike--And I dont mean to bash the police either--I know most of them are good people--it just irks me too see some of them get paid a lot of money for basically doing nothing while working construction details,while the rest of the town goes unprotected for the most part. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

you just arent having a good day today are you?

12. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate to sound biased,but those are the cars that cause 90%of all the problems around here--Oh--I forgot to mention the Harleys,and the very annoying two stroke crotch rockets too,cant leave them out--thankfully the colder it gets the less of them there are out there keeping me awake!--just stating the facts,I have nothing against the types of cars ansd bikes they drive--its the drivers and their reckless driving habits and all the unnessasary noise that get me ticked off.They hav gotten away with it for so long its going to be hard to eradicate them.Laws are worthless unless the police enforce them. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    If its ok to ticket guys with lifted trucks and dark windows,why wont they go after the ones with theese cars that are using public property for a racetrack and drug dealing??--maybe they have the advantage over the police because they have faster cars and bigger guns?. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Sorry Tim--I'd hate to lose my "credibility" because I struck a nerve--but I am telling the truth,not just bashing a certain age group or type of car or bike--And I dont mean to bash the police either--I know most of them are good people--it just irks me too see some of them get paid a lot of money for basically doing nothing while working construction details,while the rest of the town goes unprotected for the most part. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cops sucks.
    And that "particular group" sucks.
    I'll leave it with those statements, it's about the most PC I can be about those two groups. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cops sucks.
    And that "particular group" sucks.
    I'll leave it with those statements, it's about the most PC I can be about those two groups. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

14. diesel4me

Massachussets sucks in every way possible. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif YUP! You got that right!.I really doubt if I am going to stay here after my mother passes away--since I'll have to get a real job and pay through the nose for everything,being the most expensive place in the U.S. to live,I dont think its worth it--people here are too self centered and greedy,its overpopulated,too many heroin and crack addicts stealing and robbing stuff and killing each other in the streets,not to mention the long cold winters,and the boredom..I dont think its worth it to put up with all that when you can be warm down south,where people still have a heart and actually care if you are doing ok-and land is cheap--my friend in TN just bough 7 acres for 28,500 bucks-cant say that for this state!--. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    --Oh--I forgot to mention the Harleys,and the very annoying two stroke crotch rockets too,cant leave them out--

[/ QUOTE ]

who makes a 2 stroke street bike? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

16. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say hes stereotyping all you like, but he is 100% correct. I agree with him there.!!

Not big 2 stroke bikes, the little "pocket bikes".

17. K5MONSTERCHEV

SO theres no fix it ticket? Jut a flat fine? How many times do you have before the can impound the truck?

18. mountainexplorer

Here are my options:

I admit guilt and pay $101.

or:
    "Mitigation Hearing. I agree I have committed the infraction, but I want a hearing to explain the circumstances. Please send me a court date, and I promise to appear on that date. I know I can ask witnesses to appear but they are not required to appear. I understand this will go on my driving record if Traffic is checked on the front. In some cases, the court may allow time payments or reduce the penalty."

"Contested Hearing. I did not commit the infraction. Please send me a court date, and I promise to appear on that date. The state must prove by a preponderance of the evidence that I committed the infraction. I know I can require (subpoena) witnesses, including the officer who wrote the ticket, to attend the hearing. The court will tell me how to request a witness's appearance. I understand this will go on my record if I lose and traffic is checked on the front."

19. K5MONSTERCHEV

DAMN, they seem even more strict then here in CA. That sucks man.

20. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

pay it. then get some flaps on that truck
    there is no excuse for running a lifted truck without mudflaps.
    you are being incredibly inconsiderate to the rest of the road users.
    I hate getting sandblasted when the roof is off my car.
    the whole "they should get those guys" crap is ridiculous.
    man up and MYOFB