Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my 37's on WHHOOO HOOOO!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Esteban86K5, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Got my 37\'s on WHHOOO HOOOO!!

Well after many gruelling months of abuse fromthe locals, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!![​IMG] I finally have stepped up to BIG BOY shoes. I got the 37x12.5x16.5 Goodyear MT's mounted on 16.5 Black Rockcrawler wheels. The color scheme doesn't look all that great yet but I plan on painting the truck charcoal and the top black so it should look nice when complete. The tires are so thick in the sidewall that it took three shops to attempt to put them on. I finally gave up and took them to 4WPW and they even had a hard time. Since the tires are so thick walled, the so called "CADDY-LIKE" ride that so many of you were able to witness is now gone.[​IMG] I guess the BFG's paid a major role in that soft ride. Anyway, I'VE GOT 37's NOW AND I LOVE THEM. I'm sure you So Cal guys will find something else to pick on me about, BUT AT LEAST IT WON'T BE MY TIRES ANYMORE!!![​IMG]

I'm excited and here is the first pic of my new set up. It's a 4in Procomp lift, 2in Body lift, some fender cutting (I need to cut some more) 37 12.50 16.5 Goodyear MT's on 16.5 Black 8 lug Rockcrawler Wheels.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/26967734LOAMizlOii>http://community.webshots.com/album/26967734LOAMizlOii</a>

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: Got my 37\'s on WHHOOO HOOOO!!

the truck looks great.
    a cute "little model" too for daddy's truck[​IMG]
    nicely done, how much more fender mods?

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

3. Esteban86K5

Well I'm gonna cut off part of the inner fender and cut back a little further. And on the front of the front I'm gonna cut straight across about 2-3 in below the side marker. It'll look goofy with the stock bumper, but I plan on making myself some new front and rear bumbers. And the list goes on and on.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I kind of like the black and blue look! Congrats!!!!

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Thank goodness I just got my wheels and 38.5" TSL Radials "sponsored" by Ultra, I'll be able to keep up!! [​IMG] (just kidding Esteban - but your "tire dominance" will be shortlived!) ha,ha

And is that Armor All on those tires?? They look very suspiciously shiny!! [​IMG]

We are deciding what to make fun of you for next, we will let you know in a little while... [​IMG]

Congrats on the tires!!

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

7. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I was thinking the same thing about the shiny factor of those tires...looks like a cut and paste job because they are so bright you can't tell tire from rim. Looks like they need mud to me!

In all seriousness they do look good! Who cares take it wheeling and add some pinstripping.

Oh yeah and keep us all updated on how those tires wear in the 37" size. Looks like a mean machine. One more thing....in the buttman angle in that front passenger side tire looks like you have a rock roughly the size of a golf ball stuffed in there...Beware followers of the rock throwing ability of this truck.

Granny LOW and let her GO!!
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by BowtieBlazer on 12/12/01 04:42 PM.</FONT></P>

8. Esteban86K5

Armor-ALL????????? Is that an insult?[​IMG] I think you just seeing the "NEW" in the tires shining through.[​IMG]

9. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Uh huh, sure... [​IMG]

10. Esteban86K5

The rock you see is actually the stickers that are still on the tires. But I'm sure these will throw some decent size rocks.

And as far as wear patterns, I will be able to give you 2 different trucks and driving habits worth. My brother just put some on his 78 Furd Crewcab. So we are gonna see how the last on daily highway driving with occasional mild off road use(him) or not so much daily driver with more agressive off road use(ME[​IMG]).

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Looking good man! [​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

12. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Good job looks damn good congrats. I like the way the wheels look. I plan to ditch my aluminum wheels soon for some steel wheels , i like alot. Cant wait to see you in action next time! What gears you got in that thing, did it get much slower going from 33 to 37's? Not that you where that fast to begin with ;)

13. Esteban86K5

I've only got 4:10's right now and yeah it got slow(even more so than before[​IMG]) And I can't wait to go wheeling again too. But I think I need to kiss some booty around the house before I can even bring up getting away again[​IMG].

So Where are we going out to next?

Keith, if your not in to much pain from the Arse kicking I'm gonna give you from talking so much trash[​IMG], you think there will be enough snow in big bear to have some fun in? I'm thinking Mid January or early Feb. Whatcha think?

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> It looks frickin' great, Esteban !!!!!!!!! Any problems with the 2" body lift ? I'm going to start mine real soon.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

15. Esteban86K5

Riz, the body lift sucked!!! I had 4 problem bolts. The 2 rear bolts I had no way of getting off except by grinding the heads off and letting them fall through. I should say pound them through. then I had to eventually cut them off. I have a hitch on my truck so I couldn't get to them from underneath. Then on my drivers side, the bolt behind the seat spun the nut so I had to drill my floorboard and hold the nut in place with the drill in order to get the bolt off and on. ANd finnaly the front passenger bolt was frozen onto the bushing. I had to remove the front bumper and pound a wedge in between the bushing and the body in order to get it off. I eventually ended cutting off the bolt and pounding it out of the bushing. Other than that (and it being cold cause I was doing this till 2am last night) it was fine. I did have to take up half my rear carpet to get to the 2 bed bolts. Sounds easy enough except that I have eye hooks that are bolted to the floor for strapping gear down. So I either took out 6 eye hooks or the rear seat out. I ended up taking the seat out. Needless to say, I'm a little sore today[​IMG]

But hey.....I'VE GOT 37's!!!!!!

16. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

And i can vouch that yes he really does, went with to pick them up.

But Damn boy, i'm suprised you didn't call me again to tell me about the trouble with the body lift, mine went in real easy, and now you know why you kept leaving me behind on the grapevine, 4.10 and 36+ tires do kinda suck, but hey I'll have that doubler in soon , so i'll just have to live with the 4.10s untill the Dana 60 goes in the front.

Oh , yeah, so are we having a race to see who can go broke fastest?? So far me and Esteban are doing pretty good in the going broke dept, fortunately for me, i only have to answer to myself and the Credit card companies (i'll try to curb his spending Barb) the rest of you guys (Keith) need to start trying to catch us.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Any tips on the steering column ? I have no carpet and a new rear floor so the back of my body lift shouldn't be too bad .......... I'm more or less not sure about the steering column ??????????

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

18. Esteban86K5

Riz, I didn't even bother with my steering column. It has the slip in it that should extend by itself. I didn't notice any difference in it at all. I did check it as I was going up and noticed nothing tightening up or anything binding. The only mods I did was extend my tranny selector rod and cut off the helper springs on the tailgate. Other than that everything works and fit great.

19. Esteban86K5

Leland- by the time I started Fing with the rear bolts it was about 11pm and I had the sawzall going. (neighbors love me by the way[​IMG]) and I didn't reach the front bolt till about 1am. And by then I figured you'd be asleep and I just decided to leave it for the morning when I could get the sledge out and pound the snot out of it. I pretty much got everything else done on it but that one front bolt which I took care of in the morning.

4:10's and 37's suck big time.

BUT HEY WHO CARES I"VE GOT 37'S!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

20. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Man you must of been one heck of a good boy7 this year cause santa brought you one heck of a sweet present. Early too! Looks sweet!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>