Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my beer and it was gooood

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Robert79K5, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

See this is the kind of stuff the CK5 lounge is good for. Last week I was sitting pondering about how good Kokanee beer must be, as it was recomended by some Canadian friends, but alas...... it cannot be purchased anywhere here in Georgia that I go. So I call upon the powers of the CK5 bulliten board and within a few hours of my threads conception Farmer Ted has offered to send me a tasty Kokanee. I got it in the mail Friday and shared it today with my Father-in-law.
    I really liked it a lot. Thanks a whole bunch Farmer Ted. I sent him a Sweetwater 420 Beer in exchange (Atlanta GA. brewery).. Hope he likes it.

Anyways... This is what the good ole CK5 lounge is all about. I have never talked to Farmer Ted before and he dosn't know anything about me except for we have a common bond.... we both like CK5, and that was enough to make it worth it to him to take time and money out of his life to do something for someone he only knows as a fellow lounger.

This is what makes this place fun.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

we should start a beer exchange network :D There are many of you who need to try Yuengling Lager

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Beer through the mail??? From an internet persona??? I call bullsh!t, never happened, go tell your fairy tales to someone else...;) :D

4. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i am all for the beer exchange network, and robert i miss the sweetwater a i have been on their 4:20 tour good time good beer

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

See, brothers, THIS IS WHAT THE LOUNGE AND CK5 IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!:thumb:

Farmer Ted is about 2 hours from my rec property in BC. Next summer he can come up and have a couple of Kokanees on me. :bow: