Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my big block parts today-WOOHOO!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by madmike, Apr 15, 2003.

1. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I was sitting in my living room eating a sandwich at lunch, and I hear a gentle knock on my door, and I was like, whointhehellcouldthisbe?

It was a foxy little UPS girl, and she smelled really pretty. She said are you madmike? I said, Why yes I am! Sign here please, for two boxes. I asked her if she needed help, and she said that would be nice. So I carried in one box, and by the time I turned around to get the other one, she was right behind me and handed it to me. Each box was about 85lbs. She was petite, cute, smelled good, long dark curly hair, pretty eyes and smile, and strong too! I told her I liked her perfume, she thanked me, but was totally uninterested in me I guess. Anyway, enough about the girl!

One box contained my 4.25" stroker crank, the other box contained my 0.030" over 454 pistons, rods, bearings, damper and flywheel for the 489ci BBC torque monster I'm gonna build. WOOHOO!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only thing that coulda been better was if the girl had shown some sign of interest in me! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh well, just gotta keep tryin I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

CONGRATS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    It was a foxy little UPS girl, and she smelled really pretty

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like she looked as good as she smelled...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wooooo! Good luck with the rebuild man, I remember when my UPS guy brought this to me:

[​IMG]

Stroker big block parts are the best /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But he was a middle aged chubby white guy that didn't smell so hot so I passed on flirting with him /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, maybe UPS ought to make the above description part of its job requirements. Yes, I think that is an excellent idea! Oh, congrats on getting the parts. Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you.

5. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Most excellent photo, I was gonna take one like that too, but I haven't got a digital camera. I really want a photo just like that, but with the UPS cutey stretched out naked beside the parts!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Order something else and then be armed with the camera when she drops it off!!! Better yet, let us all know when the new part is goign to arrive and we'll all be there! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

what kind/brand of crank and rods did you get? How long are the rods and what rpm are you expecting? If you dont mind me asking, I'm planning on this setup in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

The crank brand is SCAT, 4.25" stroke. (A stock 454 crank is 4" stroke). The rods are GM rods, with a stock length of 6.135". Since this motor should produce so much bottom end torque, and pretty much maintain that power over 4000 rpm or so, I don't plan on revving it over 5000 rpm max. I'm not sure what a stock big block rev limit is, but I'm confident that I won't need to turn that high!

I checked out quite a few "engine kit" and "rotating assembly kit" web sites, and for my price range and lower rpm intended usage, I found that Speed-O-Motive.com seemed to work for me. If I was building a high-revving big block, I'd probably pick out different brand cranks that are more expensive, but this should work out fine for me.

This is my first big block, I'm kinda hyped up about it, and I can't wait to feel the tire shredding, atmosphere robbing, ground pounding, neck snapping, hell has been unleashed fury this thing should make! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif