Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my Body Lift!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by skratch, Mar 25, 2004.

1. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

My ORD 1" Billet body lift showed up tonight.
    I am so excited, I can't wait to get this thing installed. Gotta get a new jack first but what the hey.

[​IMG]

Big thanks to sled_dog for hooking me up on this deal! You da man

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Sweet! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

That setup has way more bling than my 2" Energy Suspension kit.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Isn't that just the Bling! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Throw it on and chop some fenders and I'l be styling on my little tires!

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Let us know about the install hassles....Living in Ohio, I am sure the rust monster is running rampant....I would like to at least install new bushings for the body, But I know I am going to BREAK EVERY BOLT.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Well this body went on about 5 years ago with new poly mounts, so I actually don't forsee to many problems, But I'll get pictures and post them up when I get it in /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

One year around here is enough to lock them up tight /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I got a 3" kit I'm cutting in half /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I also got new bushings, so far I have only broke one bolt taking them out.... Course I torched all the others /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif hahaha

Mines not bling'in like that, maybe I will paint them silver /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

breaking bolts, torching??? what are you talking about?? when i did my body lift my 14yr old bolts slid right out like they were installed yesterday. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

hehehehe i love the southwest /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

10. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Mine slid right out too!

11. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

*&^(*&%^(*&%$#(*&))(**&^$^%#$%$@

You southwesterners /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Dang it!
    I get new toys and I have to have surgery on my ankle in the next couple of weeks and I'll be off my feet for 6 weeks again!

I'm hoping to get it in prior to the surgery so I can get pics up then, but who knows. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

13. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Ummm, you do not need that ankle rolling around on a creeper....

Good luck with the surgery /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Alright, I'm taking a short break from the install.

All in all it hasn't been that bad, I've had to cut one bolt so far and the rest have come loose easily.

However two of the rear bolts are welded to the tub so they cannot be replaced, 4 of the rear mounts are missing bolts and half the mount, and I will have to cut one more bolt out of the radiator support if I can cause it's rusted to the body now.

Other than that it has been easy for me and a few hand tools to get installed.

I'll toss up a pic or two this evening when I'm all done and clean.

All righty here she is finished up for tonight. I don't think I even need to modify my fan shroud, I'll look at it more later but it seems to have enough room unless it expands (flattens out) at high rpms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Anyone know how many "pucks" I would need for a 1994 4x4 Sub 1500? I tried to order this from them but they didnt know how many pucks I needed. Is it the same for all years (14 pucks)? Anyone? thanks John

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

are you able to jack it up and replace the mounts one ate a time? or do you put a piece of wood across the underside, and do two at a time?

Looks good though /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

17. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You loosen both side, then completely change out one whole side, snuggly tighten it up, then change out the other side, then tighten everything up for good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

If you look at the last picture there, I lifted one side of the truck and did it all at once.
    Snugged up that side then went over and did the other side the same way.
    Once it was down I tightened them all up, and was good to go. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif