Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my donor truck

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by kennyw, Aug 13, 2004.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Picked up my Donor truck to convert my '79 K20 to diesel finally. It's an '84 C20 with a 6.2L. I plan to park the two trucks next to each other and swap everything from one rig to the other until my '79 is running right. Bearings are about to go on the 350 in there now anyway.

I've been gathering parts for the swap for some time already but came across this truck visiting a friends house one day and he mentioned wanting to get out of his drive quickly and I could pay him later /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif So I'm going to start the conversion, trade the body off to another friend for a '73 C10 and put my old 350 in the C10 and sell it for $300 to pay my friend back on the first truck... So in the end I'll get everything to convert my truck for free (my majic price tag /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Now to get cracking and get it done... I'll have a nice sunny weekend with 101-108 degree temps to get it started /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Keep us posted. I am really liking the diesel thing and might be looking to swap my tired 350 in my 86 suburban for a 6.2 or 6.5 soon. Post up on any of the little problems that might make it easier for the next guy if you would.
    Good luck and stay cool.
    Nate