Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my fenders trimmed, and a treat... **pics**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Feb 16, 2003.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Well, I pulled of the Bushwackers and got out the sawzall today. When getting ready to post the picture, I decided to add a treat. The first pic is of my rig in June 2001 with the 100% stock setup and 32" BFG ATs. Second pic is from last Summer with the 4" lift, 35s, and Bushwacker flares. The final pic is from today with the 8" of lift (4 susp+1 axle offsets+3 BL) and 42s! Quite a change in less than 2 years!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

looked real good at each stage, though I must say the 42s just finish it off /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

How strong are your Smittybilt bumpers and nerf bars? I like the way they look on the K5 body, and in East Texas I don't need rock worthy armor. I just don't want to back into a tree and bend them all up. Did you have to modify the back bumper to fit the K5 body/frame. I know Smittybilt does not have an exact model for the K5, but they do for K10. Or do you not advise to spend the money on them. Anyway, they look sweet on your rig.

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Looks awsome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Bill

5. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

what a difference! it looks great, really like the rack. Now that you have the flares off, what ya gunna do with them?????? Think you might wanna sell em??????? Hint Hint

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i dont like the third pic....
    but thats only because i need the tires and rims.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

keep up the good work man.
    Grant

7. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

what did you do about the holes on the fender above the wheel well? i have flares to and havent decide how i want to cut them to help eliminate the holes. thanks. chris

8. bcontractor

bcontractor Newbie

boy , those 42 give it big balls !!!! looks good !!!

9. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

#1 Good /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    #2 Gooder /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    #3 Good Gawd /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    That thing is bad!!

Stomper /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I didn't trim up as far as the holes. Doing so would expose the inner fenders. As a matter of fact, on the front, I didn't trim up at all. It still has the same upper lip to the well. I just trimmed the back and fornt of those. On the rear I trimmed up about 1.5-2 inches. I plan to knock in the holes a little with a ball peen and fill with bondo. Then some primer and ready for new paint (someday, after all the cutting is done).

11. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I have been very pleased with my bumpers. I have hit trees and other such stuff, but have yet to bend them. Then again, I don't hit them hard! I didn't have to modify these at all, but these were for the K5. But then again, these are almost 10 years old!

12. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Look good for 10 years old! Thanks for the info. Those might be just what I am looking for. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, or something like that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Lokks good B

HAH, I rmember when I first met you, and I quote...."I am nover goin to need anything very big, this is a dailey driver, nothin hardcore!!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

lol that's what they all say /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

yeah... and? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif