Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my ff 14 and D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sope, Oct 26, 2005.

1. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I finally just bought my D 60. In the next couple of weeks I plan to install a 14 ff and a D60 in to my half ton short box to replace my 10 bolts. What parts do I have to try to get off the doner truck with the Dana, a 1980 1 ton crew cab. Do I need the drag link and tie rod or will my half ton stuff bolt up. I don't have the 60 here yet or the doner truck so I can't compare the half ton parts to the 1 ton parts. Is the front drive shaft out of the crew cab the same length as one for my 87 short box? Is it heavier duty? If anybody can give me answers to my questions or think of anything else I should try to get off the crew cab to make my swap happen it would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Get the driveshafts and spring plates. You will need new U-Bolts though. Don't reuse the old ones.

The D60 tie rod is shorter than the 10 bolt so get that too

3. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Later tonight I'll E mail you a good carnage shot of my Ujoint and stub shaft, the reason why I spent the loot on the D60. Three times broken axles was too many.

4. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

where did u get it?? used or new?? how much??

5. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

Used $1000 Canadian with a 1 ton reciever hitch bumper. Vancouver Island Canada

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Thats a deal. That is about what $600 US? Either way that is what I paid for mine $1000 US not CDN. Good Job on the score.

Ira

7. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

That's probably about the going rate here. If I spent longer looking I probably could have done better. I was looking and willing to spend 700 but I broke a stub shaft on my 10 bolt so I bought the only one I knew of for sale the next day. I figure they might be a little cheaper here because of the forestry industry. There's a lot of 1 ton 4x4 logging company trucks.

8. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

readymix.
    I sent my carnage pics from Sunday. Thanks for the info.

Anybody else on what else I need for this swap or what I should get. One ton drag link? :confused: :confused:

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

You can get the drag link and keep it as a spare they draglinks are the same. Atleast the one on my K5 is the same. I would look at going cross over while you have everything out of the system. Also I would get the Hydroboost system off of the donor if it has one.

Ira

10. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I will go high steer and cross over but not right now. Good point on the hydro boost. I'll try to get it and the master cylender.
    Thanks