Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my gas tank moved to the bed!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Flexy K20, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Well after my recent post about if it was fesible to move one of the stock tanks into the bed until I bought my fuel cell. Well I went to work yesterday and after 4 or 8 hours (lunch brakES, trip to the parts store and doing a few other things I was done. All worked out well. I pulled the slector valve out completely and ran the line directly from the tank to the hard lines. I cannot believe the difference in ground clearence. Here is a picture of the tank (still needs to see the rattle can, but I rean out of time) also thats a chrokee leaf sitting in front of the tank: [​IMG]
    Here is a pic of the side of my truck, no tanks to see or hit, and I have a 3" body lift. [​IMG]
    All in all it was an awsome mod. I am just a little worried about the sun beating down on it. It's supposed to be 100* here tomarrow /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif So will it be ok out in the sun all day? Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey that's pretty darn cool there!

When I dumped the side tanks on my truck, I was amazed and pissed off at all the room under the cab! I either need to shove something up there like lights or an air tank, or rase the outer perimiter of the floor.

Good luck with it, update when you get the cell in

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Glad those pics helped ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

WOW, thats awesome, I want to do something like that, but I use the bed for hauling my dirt bikes, and I need both tanks for fuel capacity, any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Yeah thanks again for those. It all worked out great! Later
    -fLeXy K20