Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my License yesterday....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Feb 9, 2001.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Finally the day I have been waiting for since I sat in my dads pickup when I was 7...I got my license. Whoohoo. well the thing doesn't run so I have another car for the time being. I have a 82 Diesel Chevy. Its got amazing high compression, the guy that had it ground down the heads...my dad was guessing 22 to 1 compression. Ps: Saddle tanks suck. The other day I pulled up to the gas station and got the diesel and the head would hardly fit! I said what the hell and jammed it in and filled up. I found out later that i was in the Truck Drivers area for there gas...stupid me! I thought maybe I had filled up with gas afterward.

..........and one time at band camp.........

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

good for you, just be carefull not to speed too much. when i was your age ....back in the good ol days...I got so many tickets my insurance was 330 bucks a month. You are completely stoked kid! Have fun fixing your k5 up!

baja surf nazi

3. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

hehe, I hope I can! My dad can fix it, but he lost 2 of his fingers on the job when some guy did something with a sandblaster. So my dad is out of fixing stuff for a few months. I gotta put in a whole new engine. Cracked block...I swear k5s cost more to work on then a 2001 Corvette eheh, the best thing about that pickup is i'm not scared to park in the school parking lot (which is Gravel) the people before me sanded and primed it but never finished...so I didn't want a paint job hehe...its one beater but its pretty fast

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Congrats! Just don't get a ticket 2 days into it like I did! Sucks to get your license and have it taken away by mom all in the same week because you thought 55 was just a suggestion for what to drive and didn't apply to you!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Lol, you'll probably end up like me and not be able to drive a car anymore. All I've ever driven is K5s or pre '87 Chevy trucks so cars seem really foreign. You could probably have some fun with that truck at school. I always like pulling the big hill out front of school and watching everyone else skid out. Most of the time I go flyin by in only 2 wheel drive. I also have some fun parking it in impossible spots. There's this kid who drive's F*rd and parks next to me and always gets stuck tryin to be cool, I just whip it in and am done while he's stuck. Hope you have a good paying job because that truck is gonna suck the money like no other [​IMG] So many toys, so little money.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

6. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

That's cool man. i got my rig a few monthes befor i gradguated. lot of good high school did me. can't even spell. oh well gusse that what spell check is for. but yeah there where 2 other blazers at my school a 72 and a 80 something. man all 3 body styles parked next to each other was a cool site.

7. Whassup

Whassup 1/2 ton status

I remember when i first got my K-5. I immediately put a 4" lift and 33" BFG's on it, granted that isn't too big, but it was the biggest truck in town, not to mention the fastest. everyone esle had their little honda civics and whatnot, when the harsh Wyoming winter dumped 3 feet of snow, they had to get rides to school from their mommies and daddies. Me on the other hand, i just plowed right through the snow not phased a bit. i became popular becuase i was the only person in school who could pull people out of a snow drift. Then I bought my 84 Sierra, 8" lift and 38.5" TSL SX's, to this day i'm still driving the biggest truck in town, and even though i'm not in school anymore, all my high school friends breathe a sigh of relief when they see me coming after a fresh snowfall.

8. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had fun in the pickup last week when i went to school. Its a dirt parking lot so there are big piles of dirt on the oppisite side. I went up those and down those about 10 times hheheh...I pulled 5 people out in the last snow we had about a week and a half ago. Then everyone wanted the guy in the Duelly Dodge Extended cap to get them out. I bet I could out pull him any day....

9. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Congrads 82Jimmy....
    When you go to fill up you will notice that the trucker ones fill alot faster. Also if you are doing that make sure that no one is using the satelite pump. I was filling mine up and all of a sudden it was in the hundred range...like WTF?!?!?!? Come to find out someone had thought it was theirs....that was a mess.

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!