Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my lift and tires, but when........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Apr 30, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I got to my dad's airport to put all the stuff on, my uncle told me that the lug nuts on my truck won't work with the EA589's. He said that I need shouldered lug nuts and not tapered. I didn't know exactly why, but since he knows more about that kind of stuff than I do, I simpley agreed. What kind of lug nuts do you guys have on your Blazers?? It's pretty evident that the guy that had the wheels before me used tapered and the ones on my truck are tapered, whatever.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

2. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

The only thing that dictates lug nuts is your wheels. I have tappered lug nuts, because I have a steel wheel. Your uncle is probably right. It all depends on the wheel.

Blazin' in Flagstaff

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

That's what I thought and he did mention something about the steel wheels too. That's cool. I never doubted him, but it was just weird. Thanks man

Alex
    Wichita, KS

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

You got that stuff from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesteelers right? I've had so many problems with them before. I mean why did they sell you the wrong lug nuts? They should know better than anyone else which lugnuts work with 589's.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

They didn't sell me any lug nuts. I think they set some out for me on the counter and I forgot to pick them up. I'm not sure, they set some 24 lug nuts in a bag on the counter that I was standing at and I think they were mine. No, they didn't sell me any.

Alex
    Wichita, KS

6. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

I have shouldered lug nuts and they are really aggravating sometimes, esspecially with heavy 38 inch tires to put on. but I also have 8 lugs to put on, so its even more annoying. thats about it.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

Hey man, what kind of wheels do you have and where did you get them?? I went to a couple of tire places and they said that the "acorn" lug nuts would work fine, just tighten them. The lugs on the rest of the wheels are fine and don't come loose. The front left wheel is the only one I had problems with once. It's kind of weird!!

Alex
    Wichita, KS