Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got my motor back from the machine shop

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mudhog, Oct 15, 2004.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

just got my motor back from the machine shop today /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif now i just need to put it all together and install it next weekend /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif and I'm going in to 4wheel parts tomorrow to order my new front Detroit and my 5:13's /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You lucky dawg /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I'll be there that weekend to help you install it, just msn me closer to the end of next week with directions cause I don't remember how to get to your dads /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

COOL I WILL GREATLY APPRECIATE THE HELP /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what'd the machine shop do for ya?

j

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

What are the specs on the motor going to be? Did you get it balanced? What heads? Etc...? If you don't mind, what do you think you will be in to your motor total?

I want to build a 400 for my rig... but there is this add in the buy n sell and I am not sure if I can build a motor as cheap as just buying one of these w/ a warrantee

383 CHEVY MOTOR $1495 OR DESTROKED to 331 V8, 4bolt mains, steel crank $1795-400 V8 $995 or destroked to 377 ci $1195-with GM 1.94 or 2.02 heads, stainless valves, guide plates 290 to 425 HP-custom built for TOW, RV, S/Strip, 0 mi, 2yr warr, $1495 to $2195, 253-219-5230

6. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    what'd the machine shop do for ya?

j

[/ QUOTE ]
    i had them tank the block and heads. bore the motor .20 over. turn the crank .10 they ground the rods to fit the crank. got flat top pistons and complete motor kit (all gaskets lifters and bearings only thing i had to supply is the cam) and the magna fluxed the heads and rebuilt them.

7. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    What are the specs on the motor going to be? Did you get it balanced? What heads? Etc...? If you don't mind, what do you think you will be in to your motor total?

[/ QUOTE ]
    well it is a 4 bolt 350 bored .20 over 9.5:1 comp 194 heads comp cam #12-242-2 timing gear instead of a chain and an edelbrock intake. total into it is about $1200

8. jekbrown

thats a healthy chunk of change, hope it works for ya when ya get 'er bolted in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Cool deal bro.
    I'm ordering my engine kit Monday.
    I think Northern was around $250 for my engine kit.
    Maybe less since I don't need a cam/lifter set.
    No machine work needed though other than takin the heads and intake to the barber shop.

10. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Lemme know what it cost Detroit/gears, I may do same,thanks /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. mudhog

FRONT DETROIT IS $580 FOR A DANA 60 GEARS FOR THE FRONT WERE LIKE $180 REAR LIKE $210 MASTER INSTALL KITS FRONT AND REAR ABOUT $200 AND $370 FOR DANA 60 35 SPLINE OUTERS U-JOINTS AND WARN PREMIUM HUBS TOTAL WAS LIKE $1,500

12. jekbrown

our axles are gonna be pretty similar mud, as soon as I regear this spring. I already got the master install kits... just need to save some pennies and get the gears and I'm set. 35-spline D60 + ff14 + 2 detroits + 5.13s kicks azz. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

13. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    our axles are gonna be pretty similar mud, as soon as I regear this spring. I already got the master install kits... just need to save some pennies and get the gears and I'm set. 35-spline D60 + ff14 + 2 detroits + 5.13s kicks azz. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]
    i cant wait to get mine done and go try them out /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'll beat ya both on my tri-cycle

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll beat ya both on my tri-cycle
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    WHAT YOU ON THE BLACKTOP AND ME IN 5 FOOT DEEP MUD? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. my friend /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I'm on the way to thier site right now... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

17. mudhog

no problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif