Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my motor in and Running, But...... Aarons in TU

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by donimator, Apr 15, 2002.

1. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Well, Me and Aaron (reddog) got my motor back in the truck and running good. He came down here to help me install my motor and then we were doing a cam swap on his bigblock. He thought that some lifters were making noise. We started pulling his motor apart for the cam swap on Sunday morning. We got it all apart except for the crank timing gear. When we tried to pull it off, we noticed that the CRANK moved About 1/8 in. back and forth in the block. . We looked in the book for the spec on it, and is says the Crank Endplay should be about .006 to .010. His is at .125 or more. So now, we have his motor out because the bearing were really scored up and get to rebuild his engine. (I am getting kinda comfortable rebuilding engines now.) In a few weeks, we should have his engine back together to go back in. We bettter hurry, we need to get it done my Memorial Day Weekend. I guess that noise was not a lifter... it was the crank moving back and forth in the block. Now his truck is 100 miles away from home. But that allows me to help him get it all back together. Oh well, I like the work out of climbing in and out of lifted trucks anyway. Maybe I should build the bigblock and put it in my truck. I don't think he would notice do you?

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Well who has a BBC and a th400??? What torque converter do you have?