Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my "new" car today!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Mar 26, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I finally got a ride to the place the car was I was given at a concert a week ago tonite,got to drive it home!!!--:D Thank you Rhonda Vincent!!:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I'm not worthy!!:crazy:

Its a FORD!!:blush: -a 1995 Contour!-V6,DOHC,-24 valve!-170 HP!-6300rpm redline!..4 speed automatic overdrive---I'll have to bite my tounge now when I go to badmouth fords from now on!!(old habits are hard to break!:blush: ) It's pretty peppy for a small car!..
    It is in practically mint shape for a 10 year old car!--has 132,000 on it--but runs like new,absolutely no rust!!(and its from NH!!:confused: )--I'm the second private owner,it started life as a Enterprise rental car,but was sold with 20,000 to the owner before me--I am thrilled with its handling,its strange to me to have something actually GO straight ahead when you point the steering wheel straight ahead!!..It runs smooth and quiet--like riding on a cloud....you can tell whoever owned it took good care of it..

It has A/C that blows cold(a first for me!:cool1: )--a tach dash,power door locks,AM/FM Cassette,(sounds NICE!:cool1: )-Cruise control!--4 wheel disc ABS(all brand new calipers,rotors,pads,),--no tilt wheel,but I never "tilt" the few I've had that do anyway..Its a 4 door,but I'm not complaining..its got a nice blue/green metallic paint job too--first vehicle I've ever had all one color,and worth waxing!!--until now they were all primer,rust and bondo...:blush:

I think I'll have this car a long time,provided it doesn't get hit or somethig--I'm gonna be paranoid in it for quite a while,this is like a brand new car to me(probably as close as I'll ever get!!)--it felt like a magnet on the way home--seemed like everyone heads right for it!..:(

But after 30+ years of GM vehicles,it will be quite hard to adjust to a ford!
    I guess I lied when I said I'd never own a ford,even as a gift!:blush: --My neighbors are in shock--they think hell finally froze over!!-... BOB driving a FORD???--WTF??:screwy: :screwy: My older brother will need smelling salts when he finds out I've jumped over to the "dark side"..:crazy:

Oh well,I still have 4 GM vehicles!--guess I'm not total traitor!! I guess I'll have to learn to be more open minded!--wont be easy though..

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

CHANGE YOUR SIG LINE!!!! LOL

congerats agan man the is too cool

shes one sweet woman! takes care of her fans!!! :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Ummmm...we want pic's dammit!!

:) :)

Rene

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool, brother. does she have a web site?? wouldn't it be cool to have a bunch o CK5 members say how cool she is? i'll do it.:D

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sshhhhhh!!!

I havent posted anything yet about the car on her message board!--One guy did mention I was presented with it at the concert,but only one other fan replied.,and said how cool it was of her to do that!--I thanked Rhonda by sending her an E-mail to a her private web adress-(very long too,as usual!:blush: )-

I'm a bit uncertain if I should post about it on her message board yet--she is supposed to post pictures of her and I at the car that night on her website sometime soon--til then,I dont want to brag about it--and other fans might be jealous or start asking her for favors too--She has been a bit under the weather lately,dont want her to get stressed out! --I want her to OK it first,but I havent heard from her since she went to the Mayo Clinic in MN monday for tests on her pancreas--I hope she is doing ok,and wont need surgury again-I'm hoping no news is good news...:crazy:

I still cant beleive she did such a generous thing for me,when I hardly know her--she is very kind--and an awsome talent!--check her out at www.rhondavincent.com Be sure to check out the "fan photos" page!:grin:

She's definately bluegrass/traditional country,so you have to like mandolins,banjo's,fiddles,great lyrics,and that "high lonesome sound"type of music---its not for everyone....but she is the best in the gendre!-a sweetheart to her fans--and REAL pretty too!;)

I'd love to learn how to post pictures on here!--I'll likely drive you all batty once I do!(I have tons of snapshots,but no digital camera)--Can you scan a snapshot and post it on here somehow??(i'd have to "re-install" my scanner!)--Man--I dont know how to do squat on this computer,and I have had one since 2002!--I need one of those cd's they sell on tv on how to use your computer I guess...I'm not using 90% of its features I'm sure!....:crazy:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats cool. i've scanned pics and got e'm up. i should say my wife has. :D