Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my new plow truck, and already almost slid it off a mountain.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

So I go buy the new truck that I will be putting my plow on for the remainder of the season. 5 minutes from where I got the truck is where some 38" Gumbo Mudders were for sale, so I combined trips and drove to look at the tires in the truck right after buying it since this is the opposite end of town from my house.

We go up this "mountain", which entails a road on the side of a hill which is solid slick ice. We make it up in 4wd to the guys house, passing a Suburban which had slid off into the ditch on the way. (luckily the Sub had slid over on the one part of the road where an imminent rollover would not occur, unlike most of the rest of the road).

On the way down after looking at the tires, I can barely stop, but manage too, as we see a tow truck there to pull the Suburban out. The tow truck is stuck too.

So I manage to creep the new truck I got (with horrible retread tires) around the tow truck and pull him out. After nearly sliding sideways into the stuck Suburban, we get straightened out and get off the mountain without death.

No way I'd live up there during winter.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

<---reminding himself why he lives in Texas... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sounds like fun!!