Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my new shoes on but have a leak in one tire... need help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, Dec 27, 2002.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Do ya'll think fix a flat will fix a pin hole size hole in my sidewall? I got the 37's on but one of the tires loses about 10 psi per hour. Not much of a hole, completely naked to the human eye. We had to pour soapy water on it to find it. Anyway the tire shop said they would not do a radial patch but I should try a couple cans of fix a flat.. any advice? BTW... here is a pic of the new tires.

[​IMG]

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

looks good with the tires. i personaly hate fix a flat. and if you read on the can it is a temp fix. unless they changed it on me in the last year or so.
    you cn do a patch yourself. get a "boot" from napa. they are for using tubes. you dont have to use a tube, but you can. your choice.
    but know over time you will be doing the atch a few times if you dont. the side wall does see a bit of flex.
    Grant

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

if it is a pin hole, and you cant even see it when inflated, (10PSi an hour is acutally quite a bit btw). I'd dismount the tire, clean the inside where the hole is, and just slather the area with a few layers of rubber cement. (you dont need to use the patch). Should be ok. But if it came that way, you might want to start some beef with the tire dealer.