Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my new tires! Go on this weekend with the axles...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Jan 28, 2003.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I think they are just right...

www.lonestar4x4.org/42TSLs.htm

'Course, then I gotta figure out how to climb into the sucker!

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. lazerus

lazerus Registered Member

whoooa! very nice. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those should do a good job of getting you through that North Texas gumbo/gorilla snot. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif :thunb:

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Those things are awesome!

6. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Is there some sawz-all work in your near future?

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

That and hopefully a trash can for those G.D. fender flares. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Bye bye fender flares. Some sawzall, but not too bad. Will add zero rates and move the front axle forward. The flares on going to another in my local club (clint).

Funny thing, those fender flares worked great offroad. Only time they broke is when I scraped up against my big trash containers at the house!

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Dig them cool excentric rims in the last pic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Looks like something of a Shriner clown car /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

what size life are you running?

11. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I assume ou meant lift?!? I am running 4" Rough Country suspension lift with 1" A-Tron axle offsets. I also run a 3" body lift.

I measured tonight. I should be okay with clearances once I trim the back of the front fender to the tub and to just below the bottom of the inner fender (about 1" below the side marker lamp). But, I'll know in a few days! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Funny thing, those fender flares worked great offroad. Only time they broke is when I scraped up against my big trash containers at the house!

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hated mine, and I didn't even have the cut outs like you do. I could not wait to get those things off. I am still catching hell from Jason over those. I seem to always want to run them into trees, and once I took them off, I could see obstacles way better.

13. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

42's have got to be the perfect tire size /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You might have to do more than a little fender trimming.. depending on your suspension travel. Check out my pics to get an idea of how much I cut to stuff 42's under a 6" lift. It still rubs on the rear inner fender.

14. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Is yours a true 6"? Is that all the lift you have? Did you move your axle any?

From your pics, that is the same kind of trimming I plan to do. However, I have a 4" Rough Country lift which is almost 5 true inches. I also run ORD HD front shackles which provide another 1/2" or so. Add to that the 1" A-tTron axle offsets, the fact that I am moving the axle 1.5" forward, and the 3" body lift and I believe I should be okay with comparable trimming.

You think?

15. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

what are you goin to do with the flares??? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

16. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I'm running 6" ProComp springs in the front which suck pretty bad at flexing. Its a true 6" plus I'm also running the ORD shackles and no body lift no axle relocation. You probably have better articulation than me but with your body lift and moving the axle forward you shouldn't rub in the front with this amount of trimming.

In the rear I'm running f150 springs with a shackle flip. The axle is moved back 2 inches and the only thing it rubs is the inner wheel tub.

Post some pics when you get them on.. you're truck is gonna sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

****, your truck is taller than mine on 42's. You could easily put 44's on your truck with all of that lift. Of course, I am a little happier with the sawzall than you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif