Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my new tranny in w00t

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Damn my old tranny mustve been a real POS, cuz this new tranny is the [naughty word], i cant wait to go wheelin,

Got two things to iron out though, I bought one of them cheesy Chrome Dipsticks, and the POS is leaking like a bitch, already leaked about a quart and a half,

and my engine seems to be acting wierd when it gets warm, seems like a cylinder isnt firing, but its not backfiring or anything, so i have no idea what it is.

But when i get that crap fixed, I think this tranny will make a huge difference when im wheelin, i cant wait. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif those chrome dip sticks usualy leak. go back to the stock one. sounds like your about ready to try the crusher /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Silver84k5

just need the winch rope, and ill be ready. i think.

5. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Who did the work on it for you?

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

8. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Cool!

And like Frank asked - who did it for you?

9. Silver84k5

Cassidy reffered me to "Marty's Transmisson"

hes a good guy, the only complaints i have are.. He used my old tranny pan off my old case, and it had a little bend in it, now the pan is leaking, and when i was tighening the tcase bolts, i stripped one out without a lot of force, I just put a longer bolt in there, and it works fine now,

he gave me a pretty cool case though, he said it was a "Multi-Case" i guess i can bolt up pretty much any GM v8 motor too it, including Caddies ;P it has a wierd looking bellhousing, with a bunch of different holes.

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Got a number for them?

What did it run ya? (roughly - I dont need specifics if you dont want to share /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

11. Silver84k5

basic rebuild is 350 plus core, i had them put in a stage 1 shift kit, a hardend Sprag, (i think its called the lower reverse sprag) and a hardend race. Then i bought a can of tranny flush for 15 bucks, and the total was 550 i belive. he'll put in a stage 2 kit for 85 bucks, but he wont warrentee the tranny unless you buy the hardend sprag and race, i was gonna get the stage 2, but im happy with the -1 cuz i can grab rubber shifting from 1st to second, and thats enough for me ;P

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

kick a$$... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I will have to give them a call. The /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif has been sitting in my yard for a week waiting for me to get my sh!t together /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Silver84k5

i just thought of something, Arent you running a 700r4? cuz i dunno how much he charges to Build one of those. Those prices were for the th350.

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

heck no... my 72 still runs the stock (Original I believe) TH350. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I thought about going 700R4 but the cost to swap was too much for the potential gain.

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Forgot to ask... did you have them rip & reinstall the tranny or just take them a care and do it yourself?

and for all those looking Marty's Transmission is on NE Killingsworth, 503 331 1852 (fairly close to my work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

16. Silver84k5

just brought them the tranny.

17. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

18. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

taking in my core th350 tomorrow to get rebuilt /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif going pretty much the same as you... I mentioned your name and he said "oh yeah, he must be running like 44's because he went all heavy duty in his, you want the same?"

I asked him about the stage 2 kit and he said that with the "smaller" tires (I run 32's now and 33's when I can afford em) it will shift really hard so I am going with the #1 also. Also going with the hardened sprag & race as well as HD gears (they were only $50.00 total)

I am debating whether to have him put it in for me as I dont have the tranny jack and what not to put it in myself. thats gonna run me $275 though...

Any Volunteers (read will work for lots of beer and steaks) that wanna help me install a new tranny? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Silver84k5

we didnt use a jack... my friend benched it up and i aligned it, took all of about 5 minutes to get it in there, then a couple hours of hooking everything up, and thats just cuz we were dickin around... Ill ask him tonight and see if he wants to go up there and lend a hand.

20. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Since I moved to Vancouver and lost the use of my dads shop working on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif has been a b!tch. Need to get my shop built.