Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got my ord sway bar kit on today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by agrezy1, Feb 2, 2003.

1. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

well put the disconnect kit on today went pretty smooth except the bushings were a little wide to go into the ord brackets ground them down a little work okay took the sway bar rubbers off and cleaned the 20 plus years of crud off the bar polished up pretty nice then put some brake caliper grease on the rubbers and barput it all back together rotes up and down nicely the pins go in and out ok but would recomend carrying a hammer although i did grind a little off the pins seemed to help some went out and tried it seems to ride a little better got back to blacktop left it disconnected still drove nice must have stiff ass springs because didnt really notice any body roll so im going to leave it disconnected for now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

Out wheeling one night I was to tired to bother reconnecting my sway bar. The next morning I drove to work and back, and then another day, and then another. An entire two weeks went by before I remembered that my sway bar was still disconnected. I realized it when I swerved hard to miss an import and I felt the whole truck role like a canoe. Didnt feel tippy just rolled a whole lot more than is comfortable, especially at 60mph phew! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif