Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my RockStomper tie rod in today!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Mar 5, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

It is pretty easy to see it is MUCh stronger than stock. I got the stabilizer kit and they even sent the extra jam nut because I told them I was planning on using the same end joints that Steve used in the article.
    Man it looks tough! Can't wait to put the ends on and go slap it on!
    -- Mike

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?" Joker in Batman

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Sweet. Go test that sucker out.

Brian
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://84k5.coloradok5.com>http://84k5.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

After I read about that I really wanted one. Let me know how it turns out and if you ran into any install troubles. Thanks.

[​IMG] '87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I am having one problem with installing the left-hand tie rod end. It seems like the threads were tapped crooked or something because tie rod only wants to go in at an angle. I sent an email to RockStomper and they asked that I try to deburr it with a file and it that still doesn;t work that they'll replace it.
    So far, excellent customer service - will let everyone know how it turns out. Just wish I could go ahead and bolt it on!
    -- Mike