Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my shifter back!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shawn, May 15, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

As some of you know, I loaned my 205 twin stick shifter to David Schere (Boggin Blazer) the end of Janurary and had trouble getting it back. He was suppose to duplicate it and make more of them for others and send it back. Well, to my surprise, it finally showed up May 12. I ended up paying for shipping both ways and several long distance calls but I was just happy to get it back. I want to thank everyone for their concern in this matter.

After looking at the shifter, I noticed one of the handles has been sawed off at the threads so there's no place for the second shift knob. I'm also missing that shift knob. I know it can be fixed but I just couldn't believe it when I saw it. I guess this is what I get for being a nice guy!

Shawn
    87 K5 with a one knob twin stick shifter...

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Alright, That is great news Shawn. But man, that sucks that that dude would deform your shifter like that. And that sucks that you had to pay for shipping when you were helping him out. What a punk. Anyways, damn glad to hear that you got your stuff back and we helped.
    Boss

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

GOOD NEW, BAD NEWS! Shawn, glad to hear that you got it back, but I kid you not, that has got to be one of the dirtiest things I have ever heard of happening. It's [censored] like this that really makes me NOT want to be a good guy. David had me fooled, I thought he was a really good guy. Guess not! As far as I'm concearned, David is a POS SOB and I will no longer have ANY communication for him. Looks like when all is said and done, you will have spent enough money to buy another one. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, let me know. I'll even send you money to prove that I'll send it back.

Kyle
    89K5

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

We'll, you got my email about it, I could post a large string of vulgarities about D!(KHE@D's I mean David's character and his lineage, but it would not help and would probably get me banned from the board.

If you want me to take care of the shifter let me know and I can fix all bu the missing ball, might even be able to do that to.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

5. Shawn

Thanks guys! I just called David and he knows nothing about the cut shifter/missing knob. He says it was like that when he got it. I know for a fact it had both knobs attached but I'm not going to argue with him. I'm just happy to get it back so I can get it installed on the beast! I'm going to try to use my wimpy welder and weld half a bolt on the end to fix it. Thanks for the offer Depdog.

Shawn

6. We E-mailed each other a few times earlier last week and I asked him to take care of the problems he has created and I guess he did to some point. I will throw him another note on the shipping and handling, the threads being cut-off and handle missing thing I just can't understand. Sorry it ended this way. Good friends are hard to come by !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Great news Shawn. Hey could you send me the shifter so I can..... [​IMG]

Maybe you should cut off the end of his tally whacker for cutting off the end of your shifter. Sorry guys and gals, I had to say it! [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

8. Shawn

BigBurb-
    No need to contact David about the shipping. I told him I would pay to ship it back since I was desperate for it. I'll just take that as a loss and a lesson learned. I really appreciate your efforts. Have a good one!

Shawn