Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got My Soft Top!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Feb 26, 2003.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Just got my used soft top in the mail! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It is the STC fast track with the dark windows and the 5-window style /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif. The wife did not like my homemade soft top so she was happy but by me a soft top, she told me it look geto /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. This is my question, /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif is there any one out there that has installed their STC or Kayline top w/o drilling any holes in the body? The track that goes around the cab take some holes to be drilled in the body, is there any way around this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif And had any one put the hard top back on after putting this top on? Are the hole covered by the top?

Thanks!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

can you post a pic when done i'm curious how well it works before i get one!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I bought a FastTrac soft top right before Christmas for my '83 K-5. It is a great laid out and easy to install. It took me longer to get hard top off than it took to install trhe soft top. There is foam seal that goes around and under the aluminum pieces. You should not have any leaks if they are properly install. You might want to get a small tube of clear silicon caulking to seal any small gaps and etc. I have yet to have a leak. We have had a 7 1/2 inch snow fall, 6 inch weekend rain, and a another three inch snow fall here in Tennessee, and still not a leak. I do have some small holes in the right hand corner from sone barb wire where I went through a fence during the 7" snow fall but has leaked.

Thanks to Steve Fox for getting the top to me quickly /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Enjoy the top, I can not wait till it warms up