Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my super 40!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Steve, Nov 13, 2005.

1. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I went to Summit today and picked up my Flowmaster super 40 series!I can't wait to get it installed.I have a Flo pro right now.It sounds ok at idle but quiets down a lot.I want that deep hollow rumble.It's a 3"system so it should sound good.I hope I see a little gain in power.

2. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

That's cool. Isn't that Summit store one of the greatest places of anywhere? So many performance parts in one place, man. :laugh:

3. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I go there eveytime I need anything,tools,clean up or parts.It's a good thing I don't work there,I wouldn't have a pay check :D Is anybody else running the super 40,how does it sound?I had 2 regular 40 series with long tubes,no cats and 2 1/2" pipe on my 77 k5 and it was pretty loud,sounded awsome.,

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Loud attracts the attention of the LEO's a bit too much. :doah: I prefer stealth mode these days. :cool1:

5. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

I run dual Flowmaster 40's on my 454. It's loud as hell. I live a mile from school and my friends (honestly, not sarcastic) hear me start my truck up and come to school!

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have the 40's on my wifes 89 and my 73. I love the sound!!

7. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

My dad just put 2 of them on his 65 mustang.. and it sounds awesome..

8. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

I have dual 3 inch 40's dumped at the rear axle behind a set of headers on my 73 and ive been told it sounds very close to a stock car lol.

9. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

i have been running 3 inch super 40 on my blazer for some time now. and i like it. its not much louder than a regular 40, but it does have a deeper tone.

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I run a single in/dual out 40 series on my '94, with turn downs just in front of the rear axle (I don't want to waste time polishing tips). With the turn downs, the sound reverberates off the asphalt. Good thing I dynomated the interior. ;)

I'm happy with the exhaust....but I'm thinking about headers and ditching the catalytic converter. Dunno yet.

11. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

I'm not too current on muffler types how do these super 40s compare to some plain super turbos as far as tone and loudness?

12. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

It will soon be time to put the pipes on my blazer I have full length headers and am going to run the pipes just past the Tcase and then side dumps in front of the rear wheels NO CATS 2 1/2 inch pipes I was going to run a set of regular flowmaster 40s but I think it might be a little loud for me are the Super 40s deeper and a little quieter. I had herd they were no as loud but still had the nice deep rumble.

13. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, just a bit of useless info....

but that fancy/pretty flat black paint job they come with....
    that don't last to loong :wink1:

14. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

15. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

any one run dual 40's on a 454 with a resonator? if so hows it sound cause thats the plan im thinking about takeing

16. gotchevys?

gotchevys? Registered Member

super 40s

I have a 70 chevy 2wd short bed with a 396. It has full lenth headers with dual 3inch exhaust, super 40s, and turn downs right before the rear axle. The truck sounds awsome at idle with a deeper rumble than standard flowmaster 40s but it really screams with that familiar flowmaster sound when you really get on it. The best part about these mufflers is the less interior noise. I can drive the truck down the interstate turning 3000 and still talk to my passenger without raising my voice and that is with turn downs just behind the cab! :burb: :usaflag:

17. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

I want a deep hollow tone so I figured I would give the super 40 a try now.I almost went with a Magnaflow but didn't want a raspy sound.I will keep the cat to mellow things down a bit.

18. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

I have no resonator, but do have dual 2-1/2" exhaust with 40's. It's louder then loud.

19. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

Damn this thing sounds awsome!It isn't too ould at all and I can still be comfortable inside,the noise is minimum.It has a nice deeeep rumble at all rpms and screams if I punch it.I noticed a 5 mph difference on the mountain I drive to work eveyday too.I love it. :bow:I took it to midas to have it installed and he asked how much I paid for it and I told him 70 something and he said,"oh,that's not bad",and I said,"that's because you guys charge 160 for it!,he was quiet after that.

20. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

i have an old flowmaster (about 6 years old) and a burnt out cat and my friends can hear me start up about 3/4 miles away