Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my truck back yesterday, and i already messed it up.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Sep 28, 2002.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Got my truck back yesterday after blowin up the rear end a couple weeks ago, well i was taking a freind home from a xcounrty race and i wanted to show him what my truck could do so i went out and did a little off roading and on the way back i went and got it crossed up in a ditch, well i ended up bending the hell out of my drivers side fender from having my sway bar disco'ed and running 35's, I geuss its time to trim the fenders. Pics

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thats not bad like you say just trim the fenders /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh comon thats like crying over spilled milk thats p*ssy damage right there...i thought it was worse than that lol..but yea just trim your fenders back around that and ull be good to go..

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Yeah well my truck was in show condition before this after noon, hehe, after i popped the inner fender off i went to go see how much of it needed to be wacked off and i mutilated the fender even more, so now it really sticks out. The only thing is is that my dad is making me take it to the body shop for them to trim the fenders which kind of makes me mad cause i want to do it myself. oh well

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

just tape it wear you want it cut so they will know how and wear you want the cuts done...and i would only do mudding for you..nothing more..cuase anything more will def. get your truck un-show condition lol..

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

well, its kind of nice because they put the clear coat on THICK! so any scratches i get can usually be knocked out easy, if not i can usually get em to fix it. But for once i want to do some body work and i cant, oh well. I would love to do mud, but we have NO mud in my area, i think its rained twice in the last year. It sucks.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

lol..man be glad about wear you live!! easy as hell to keep a rust free truck! you want to do some body work? well i got a truck for ya!! haha..come put a new floor and tailpan in mine, along with two front fender whels and some rockers..and more. im tellin ya..i need a whole body really..but i cant find a good almost rust free body in rochester N.Y..boy o boy..cant wait for winter..NOT! we get more salt here then we do snow!

8. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

That's why I waited till I moved to GA to buy my K5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I feel your pain though... spent 3 years in Watertown NY

Just make a trip down south sometime if you want a rust free K5..... I see 'em all the time cheap cheap cheap.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

maybe after i get out of school ill be able to do something like that..but until then its body work, body work, body work...lol

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

If you just had your rear end rebuilt you should be waiting till you have an EASY 500 miles breakin time on it before you go pushing it. That's about two tanks of gas...

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

SAWZALL.....SAWZALL......SAWZALL /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Sould see whatt happens when a center pin on a D60 breaks and the axle shifts and 36 inch swaper meets an already trimmed fender /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Boss can show you that from last rears Dixie run.

12. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Well, we used a bunch of used parts from various broken rear ends we have at work. Now im sure that a 36" swamper and a loose D60 will do a helluva lot more damage than i did.

13. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Gotta love the sound of tires rubbing the fender's! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif