Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got my truck on the road

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stizkidz, Mar 21, 2005.

1. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Quick post, I had to post this real quick tonight, I will follow up with details and pics tomorrow:

Got my truck back on the road tonight after being inoperable for 1.5 months. I am super excited and cannot wait to get this thing in the mud. Last time I drove it, it was BONE STOCK - no modifications whatsoever. Now, it sits nice and high, even with only 4 in of lift and 35's. The 3/4 ton rears look great and the 4.10 gears really wake the drivetrain up. The sm465 is very, very different from anything I've ever driven before so it will take some getting used to. There are still things left to install and there is also a major issue with the brakes (drums are insanely warped) but I will have most of this stuff worked out in a week or so.

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

disc swap disc swap disc swap !!!!!

its a great feeling isnt it. check out the mid atlantic section and see about the spring swap meet. were all gonna try to meet up

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

That is what I did......

LOVE IT!!!!
    but not the cheapest thing to do if you have 0 parts !!!!

p.s. where are you in south jerzey? need a hand wrenchin? I am probably right around the corner from ya... also got air compressor and welder if ya need it :cool1:

4. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Egg Harbor Twp., exit 36 on the parkway or exit 9 on the expressway. Thanks for the offer, as I will probably take you up on the offer in the future. I still have a ton of little stuff to do, nothing major but its all got to be done.

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

just lemme know.. exit 9 on the ac expressway?? that is a bit down there.. I am at 38.. sicklerville exit... :grin:

6. stizkidz

stizkidz 1/2 ton status

Do you have aim? If so, IM me at: freeprogzguide. Or, shoot me an email at: y7x@aol.com.

I absolutely need some sheet metal welded to the floor to close off the gaps where the floorpan was cut to install the new tranny/case. I am also doing the rear disc brake conversion as soon as the brackets come in as well as putting the 8 lug knuckles/hubs/rotors on the front asap! No wheeling until all this gets done. The rear brakes are unhooked right now (I know this isn't safe but its much better than the screwed up drums).