Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got my Welder Goin!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Ryan B., Jun 21, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm stoked!
    I finally got around to getting my welder working! My buddy went away to the Army for 4 years and loaned me his mig welder. It's a Lincoln 155 power pac.
    I had to go to Home Depot and find a dryer cord, and then a box for the welder plug to adapt to the right 220.

Being over at Greg72's house and watching him weld his spring perches, get the gears in my head turning... "Why don't i have my welder going? That's what i need!"

First few beads on some scrap metal look GOOD! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It's been a few years since welding and metals shop, but you never lose it. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Hmmmm... What to do now.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Making me a bumper can be your first project... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You could start and fix that broken shock mount /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Also make some rock slider's.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got my welder going this weekend. It was a gift from my dad and i just got around to teaching mself. Blew every fuse in the house before i realized that the washer dryer fuse outlet was the best way to go. Still trying to learn hopefully i can get it down by blazer fest so that I have sme use for the skill. lol