Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got nailed today by the commercal CHP

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chaz88K5, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Welp i was crossing over the top of the freeway and gettin ready to turn onto the frontage road on hwy 99...well i take the corner a little wide and i cross the yellow line...will just around the corner there was a Commercail CHP in the dodge pickups...well he pulled me over and then proceded to inspect my truck..fist problem he finds that my spring packs..the stupid little plastic inserts between the leafs were hangin out...he dident like that...then he saw some leafs not perfectly straight...he dident like that either..my back up lights dident work because i have rewired it when i did the manual tranny swap..then he had me turn the wheel back and forth and watched all the joints...all was good untill he saw the frame start flexin...he threatened to red tag me right there for it...i was like WTF the frame is not cracked in anyway...it has not changed from stock so whats the problem..well after about 15 mins of talkin myself out of that one he finds something else wrong....no fender flairs and my tires are stickin out about a inch on each side...and he told me next time he sees me with out something covering the tires he was goin to write me up.....well anyway an hour later on the side of the road he let me go....what a pain in the freekin ass...i hate CHP

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

F him chaz You aren't regulated by the dot last time I checked you didn't have 18 wheels...I would call the chp and file a complant,...mike

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

errr...wrong....but thanks for playin /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif...i thoguht that too..but they can bust anyone they feel like gettin...if a vhecail looks unsafe they can red tag it and force you to get it towed to a shop or home or where ever...

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

BUT he dident say a word about my bead locks...and he did get down and look at em...all he did was make sure all the bolts were there....and he found one with a broken head and made me change that before he would let me go...but that part of it was no big deal

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Damn alot of people are getting pulled over this week. I think I'll ride my bike around town /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

He said something about no flares, but didn't say anything about mud flaps?

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Do you think he knows that your truck isnt a truck?You dont have commercial plates do ya?Its a station wagon /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif At least thats what mine was registered as /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not being registered commercial is a no win situation. Blazers are considered cars which have a much stricter restriction for lifts. Just keep quiet and let him scold you for whatever he wants and then thank him for letting you know what is wrong and tell him you will fix it and then just leave quietly with your warning. When you get defensive they will always find a reason to keep you there longer and give you a citation for something.

9. coolguyinjeep

coolguyinjeep Registered Member

Sorry to hear it chaz. I think the cops are just drawn to you. Let me guess you were in Lodi? Your lucky it was a chp because if it was a lodi cop you would have been screwed. Glad to hear you got away with only a warning though.

Mike

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

THat sux man.
    Sorry to hear that Chaz.

You were just telling me about how you gotta keep it above 75 or so on the freeway to get the balancing vibes to go away with those beadlocks... and when i saw the title of this thread, i was like "uh oh" i thought i knew what was going on. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Thats cool you didn't get any tickets at least. I'm sure the dickhead just wanted to check out your sweet blazer. and i mean come on dude. it's bright ass yellow. who can miss it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I've really good luck with johnnie law so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but sooner or later it will run out if i don't stop driving with my foot in it all the time. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

That bites! I guess it could have been worse!
    No more swerving!!! Got it!

12. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

......and that's when they find all the reefer under the seat! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

At least that's how it always seems to work on COPS, when I watch that show.

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sure Greg, "Saw it on TV" sure........
    hehehee

14. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah really!
    I guess it's a good thing Chaz wasn't "hot boxing" his blazer when he got pulled over. LMAO!!!
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

15. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

It would have turned into a Cheech and Chong movie instead of a Cops episode...

16. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

he said i dident need mud flaps because the center of my wheel was 3 feet from the bumper or something like that....i cant remember exactly how he described. it was just outside of lodi goin into stockton on eight mile road and hwy 99..