Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got new exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by UseYourBlinker, Apr 19, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Figure I'd post on this board also /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuq48>Check it</a>

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Nice. You did the smart thing, and got them angled a little toward the back of the truck which is what I wish I would have done. My tips are just like yours, but at a 90* angle and the tips collect muds like a mother. If I run mud for awhile I have to get out and kick the dried mud on the tips so my engine can breath again. Good thing there isn't alot of mud in AZ.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Look'n good... Everytime I see your rig Blink I'm impressed. Just clean and nice. What nerf bars are those? Dang GF is looking for help getting in that doesn't involve me boosting her in. Like it is my fault she is 5'2 LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. UseYourBlinker

Thanks Mikey... I'm really thinking about taking the newrfbars off. Since I added the ORD body lift,they kinda hang lower.I want something alot closer to the body. They are Smittybuilt nerfbars. I always laugh at my GF cause she is 5'5" and she has to get a bit of a running start to hop in the Blazer /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I resemble that /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I like the 3" pipe straight back....got a high flow cat? Did you have 3inch pipe all the way back on the old exhaust...if not is there much of a difference in your low end torque?

7. UseYourBlinker

Allright here's the story... The old exhaust which was done about 3 years ago was ok. After the manifolds it was 2.25" to the cat then after the cat it was 2.5". The muffler is a single in dual out Flowmaster (series 50 I think). The problem was that the hole cut for the crossover pipe was the size of a golf ball (see pics). Restricting the exhaust from the passenger side. I've been dealing with exhaust leaks for a couple of months now. So what they did was run 2.25" pipe from the stock manifolds to the high flow cat. The y-pipe (crossover pipe) is connected with a huge 3 inch collecter. After the cat is 2.5" pipe all the way back to the tips. As soon as I left the muffler shop and turned the corner I noticed a difference. More low toned sound,and A LOT more power. I couldn't believe it. It's like a brand new Blazer /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Eric, when did you get your exhaust redone? Give me a call so i can check it out in person. Leave me your number or something so i can call you sometime also.

9. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Do you wheel this?If you do that crossover pipe is history!Why would anyone run it like this?!Also I see the exit pipe being damaged.Brady

10. UseYourBlinker

Well what do you consider wheelin? I stay off the rocks..mostly do mud (trails) . I agree if I catch a rock I'll rip it off. It's higher than it look's. The t-case is still lower than the cross over pipe.

11. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I like rocks!!That would be gone the first time out with me.Hell both my shafts are scratched and dented.

12. UseYourBlinker

LOL...got any pics?

13. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

14. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

You should be O.K. with that crossover pipe. Mine is set up that way and I do rocks all the time. It has caught a few times but never enough so rip it off.