Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got new truck..what to do with old one?????? long

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Apr 30, 2003.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

The truck i just got is great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.Grandma is to old for it and had to get a cadilac. its a 1990 chevy /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. Its 3/4 ton, 4x4, 350/400/208(or 241 or somthin)combo.the motor dosnt smoke but its got 196,000 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif on it. The "old" truck
    is a 1980chev /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif its 3/4 ton 6" lift 33" tires, 350/350/205 combo its got about 50,000 on a good moter3,000 on tranie. I cant afford to have both. And even if i could one would always be just setting at home. If I had never seen my /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif befor and and to chose one or the other i would totaly take the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif but i spent so much time and money on the /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif, that if i sold it it would be like i just built it for someone else. The /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif is nice but i dought i could get much more than what i paid for it. (so i would be losing money on the deal)So basicly I would kinda rather have the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif but it just seems so wrong to sell the /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif after all that work and money. Oh yeah since mom but the /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif for mee i would have to giver the money if i sold it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. but the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif was givin to me. WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

most of us have regretted selling that "special" truck/car at one time or another. This is one of those times....keep the truck, sell the sub and use the money on your truck.

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Keep the burb, then sell the truck and try to talk your mom into letting you keep some of the money. If she bought the truck stock for you, then you added all the mods yourself, then some of it should go back to you. Nothing beats free stuff.

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

last two post really clarified things for your, right?! Either way its your choice.

5. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

If it were me, I would try to keep both. Wheel the /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif & use the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif as your DD. But that's just me. If I had my way I would probably have ten or so trucks plus a few muscle cars, a couple bikes, some quads..... Good thing I have a tight wad wife to keep me in line.

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

It would be possable for me to keep both if i could pay the same for insurance on both of them as what i pay now it wouldbe fine but double the cost ?? no way. I pay dmn near 200 a month just for the pickup. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Insurance on the Burb will probably be cheaper....

swap some of the good stuff from the truck into the burb, put the rest back on the truck, that way both are still running, then get rid of one. Most things will swap, measure the rear leaf springs first though....JMO

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i would take all the good stuff like a lift and such and put them on the burb and sell the truck back at a mostly stock condition.

9. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Some insurance company's will give you a multi-vehicle discount so it won't be twice the cost I would keep both .daily drive the burb and 4-wheel the truck You could just keep the truck trail only ---- no insurance that way keeping the truck wouldn't cost you anything what ever you do keep both burbs nice but high mileage = probs down the road trucks ugly = badass wheelin' rig /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif