Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got one lined up thanks

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 30, 2003.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I need a 2WD 700R4 for cheap that is out of a non computer controlled vehicle. I would prefer one that is shot because I am going to have it rebuilt any way. So if you have one laying around give me a hollar.

I think I have one lined up thanks guys

I am getting ready to start project V8 S-10 blazer...

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: 2WD 700R4 non computer controlled.

I've got one that came from a 1987 Corvette. It has 7,800 miles on it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The 'vette version has a slightly higher stall converter (1,800-2,200 RPM) than what most non-vette 700R4's left the factory with, so it would launch that S-10 like a rocket. The 'vette version also came with the ability to hold 4th gear at full throttle, which other 700R4's won't do unless modified. Why build one that needs to have all the Corvette stuff put into it? This one came from the factory with it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I've been saving it in the garage for one of those "someday" projects, but I'm really growing tired of it being in my way. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif $800 plus shipping and you would have a nearly new tranny instead of a rebuild. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Got one from a 85' 1/2ton. Sitting behind a Diesel still in the frame. Shoot me with a pm /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Let me do some checking. Might know of a local donor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

What about a th350? Interested, PM Rocko! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

now someone asks for one.... after ive tossed two and had two stolen and watched another good one out of an 85 firebird go to scrapyard, would have sold them cheap like 50 a pop, or maybe even less.
    all ive got right now is a very good 1983 one, for 200

good luck