Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got paid $55 to listen to classic rock

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Nov 17, 2005.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I am in the Delve database to participate in product demographis. Tonight they paid me to listn to 710 snipits of rock songs, it only took about 1 1/2 hours. Liked most of the music but I voted out all of the old good songs that they overplay. Like; Heart, Journey, overplayed crap like that.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Get the check??

Did you actually get a check??..I got a call one night,some lady asking if I'd take a survey of country music songs and vote on them using a pushbutton phone..ahe gave me a toll-free phone number to call,and a pin number I'd have to punch in,and she said it takes about 90 minutes,but I didn't have to do the whole thing in one sitting if I wasn't able too..

This was way back in the spring!--I was tempted to do it,but never did--still have the phone number,but its most likely no longer in effect..she said they were paying 70 bucks for doing the survey,but I had doubts about them sending a legitamite check..I'd like to look into doing that sort of thing,like working from home,but all the ads online you have to pay up front to get on a calling list..not sure if I'd actually GET the money from doing that.. :confused: :crazy:

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Please don't tell me you voted down any Rush tunes.........:eek1:

:wink1:

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

ditto! RUSH kicks ass! :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

Paul- don't you wish you could play the drums like Neil? :p: :wink1: :D

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

congrats thats cool but, you'd have to pay me a hell of a lot more than that to listen to that boring garbage...

6. Can Can

Tsk tsk, Scott.

One of these days, sooner or later, all the bands that you enjoy and admire will be considered "boring garbage" as well.......:thinking:

7. Can Can

Shee-it!!!! I'd go as far as never wearing another pair of short shorts if it meant gaining half the talent Neil Peart has.......

Of course, the girls would be awfully disappointed if my George Michael legs disappeared from view for good.........:deal: :rotfl:

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

and to think my monitor would be covered in orangeade if I had of taken that drink while reading this :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. kyser_soze

Got cash on the way out the door! :smile1:

10. kyser_soze

I love Rush. I voted them as all favorites. But they have been playing "Trees" WAY too much lately, if that's what it's called.

11. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

No I think Neil wishes he could play like Mike Portnoy of Dreamtheater :D . j/k . I love the old stuff but I honestly don't listen to the radio just mainly cd's or my huge tape collection (man I'm getting old) . It get's really old hearing the same song every 1/2 hour . My wife listen's to CW radio (I'm a rocker) and I swear they play same songs 2-3 times in an hour . I swear if I have to hear "Hicktown" one more time this week I gonna freak ! I don't think you could pay me to listen to rap music, Well maybe if I had an ear plug in my ear and the phone volume turn WAYYYYYY down :haha: .

12. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

and portnoy wishes he coould play like vinny coliuta, denis chambers, steve smith, just to name a couple.

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup--thats why I hate "country" radio!

Thats exactly why I hardly listen to the 2 "country" stations here..if your name isn't Toby,Tim,Kenny,Rascall Flatts,or Lonestar,good luck getting any airplay on them..thats why I should have DONE that survey--so I could have pushed the "SUCK" button every time an artist or group thats overplayed came on! :haha: ..I hate the "rap" country crap they are pushing now,like "Big and Rich",and "Cowboy Troy"..(vomit).. :angry1: :surepal:

I'm a huge fan of country music..but hate 80% of what they call and play "country" on the radio..too much repitition,and too much favoritism of certain artists,and a total boycott of legends like Cash,Jones,Haggard,etc..they refuse to play any of the artists I like ,such as Rhonda Vincent,Alison Krauss,Suzy Bogguss,Kathy Mattea,Chely Wright,Hank Williams Jr,Waylon Jennings,etc..and many older "big"stars are blacklisted now..--anyone with talent and integrity gets ignored!..no "Payola" money in their bank accounts for airplay,so they get none!.Only a few with big labels backing them get any airpaly..so I listen to CD's and tapes constantly too..F*** the radio!.. :mad:

I liked "Rush" when I was in high school,but I'd be hard pressed to name any of their songs--I know the words,but not the titles!..they were an awesome band--but back then I didn't "get into" the names of band members or too deeply into the music like I do now..Its been awhile since I have listened to any classic rock--used to hear it at work all day,because everone else there hated country for the most part..I miss the way radio USED to play ALL the artists back in the 70's and 80's--and not just a few a million times over and over.. :mad:

I tried to tell the guys at work what radio plays,and what really IS country,are NOT the same thing..I agree many of the radio songs lately are GHEY and give "country" music a bad name,and its fans a reputation of being as queer as some of the songs are!..a few bands are turning the tide lately though,like Montgomery-Gentry..we need more groups like "Alabama" in country again..when I'd play my CD's and tapes at work,they would often say Hmmmm..who's that?--or,I like that song,or her voice is great.etc... :wink1: --and I'd say :I thought you hated "cowbell" music... :rolleyes: :crazy: