Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got Paint? new pics of my rig..hope you like

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big10, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

hope yall like it..i know i know..it dont look like a trail rig, but all i really have around here is mud anyhow. soon as the "new" wears off the paint job, I'll get back in the mud, and post some pics. thanks, let me know if you like it. after lift, before new paint
    new paint 1 2 3

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, links aren't working for me??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW, how do you like those Futura tires? I have some of the AT's on the way, just wondering how you like the Futuras in general.

3. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

hmmmm..i need to check that out, they work for me. I like the tires, they seem to be holding up well. I only have about 500-750 miles on them though. check back later for the links.

4. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

i changed the url's, try again, let me know if they work.

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Looks really good. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Links work...rig looks great! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Disregard the Futura MT question...I thought from the first pic the lettering on the tires said Futura...I obviously can't read worth a flip! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks good!!

There is nothing wrong with keeping your ride in top shape - trail vehicle or not.

Did you put clear coat on it? If you did throw a good coat of wax on it and you will be fine on the trails.

8. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Very nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Sharp lookin' truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Nice truck! I love shortbeds.

11. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks nice. Mind me asking how much you paid for the paint job? A guy around here quoted me over $3500 for my K5. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That did include a small dent on the hod and filling the trim holes on the side, but still... youch.

12. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

I think the paint job was a bargain. The shop that did it, took the bed, fenders, doors, hood..all off the truck, the fenders, hood, and doors, were all replaced with new ones. There were several dents on the roof, and along the side of the bed. It is a base/clear paint job, and with labor included it was 2200 dollars. He also sprayed my bed with Rhino liner that is the same color as the paint. Of course, I know most of you are saying...damn..2G? i could buy a D60, on-board air....an dis an dat an dis...

13. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

looks real good I like new paint im trying to do it my self /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I think the paint job was a bargain. The shop that did it, took the bed, fenders, doors, hood..all off the truck, the fenders, hood, and doors, were all replaced with new ones. There were several dents on the roof, and along the side of the bed. It is a base/clear paint job, and with labor included it was 2200 dollars. He also sprayed my bed with Rhino liner that is the same color as the paint. Of course, I know most of you are saying...damn..2G? i could buy a D60, on-board air....an dis an dat an dis...

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. It sounds like a bargain to me. We don't all want to drive beaters around. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif There's respectable region between a trail beater and a show truck, that's where I want to be.

Now if only I could find a good deal like that around here...

15. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifLooks great..I hope to get mine painted soon... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. Dandwg

Dandwg 1/2 ton status

Looks great! nice looking truck.
    (where the pretty model at?) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifNice lookin' Rig!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif What color is it? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Is it the original color? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

18. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

Thanks everyone for being so enthusiastic about the new paint! I appreciate it. The color is called "Russet Metallic". It is the original color of the truck. Supposedly (I don’t remember cuz I was only 5 yrs old at the time) this color factory paint faded fast, and lots of people repainted them different colors, so you don’t see many this color anymore. Just one more reason for me to go back original. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'll get a model in the next set of pics, my wife. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Nice truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif