Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got paired with a real winner on the Golf course today...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Aug 13, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Went to play 18 at a "nice" course for once, just me and one buddy. So we got paired with this guy and his 17 year old son who's trying out for his high school golf team on Monday.
    Anyhow, this guy, man, was ridin' his kid...constantly. Then the yelling began. "WHen I say open your stance, you f-ing do it, do we have to go over this again"...after a few holes of yelling, the hitting began..you'd hear in cart coming up behind you "Owww...dad....jess..." "Well f-ing listen next time"...
    Every hit the kid made, who was beating all of us BTW, was yelling "Watch your grip" "Dammit kid, can't you kit the damn ball"... you could see the kid get all demoralized on his next stoke, after his dad hit or yelled at him.
    So after 6 holes, me and my buddy said...you know what...we're going to move on to the next 9, you guys enjoy yourselves...., we expalined the situation to the starter, who was a good guy and let us play an extra 3 on the third nine. (Course is 27 holes)
    So much anger... it was ruining my pleasent afternoon of drinking beer and trying to play golf.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That sucks.... Golf is definitely a sport where that kinda approach is counter-productive.. Not to mention the kids gonna end up hating him... :(

I've been playing with the parts guy at work lately... Great guy to play with, laid back, lotta fun.. One of the mechanics has been bugging us to go.. He came out with us wed... man, worst disposition ever for golf.. after every shot, F*CK!!! DAMMIT!!! SH*T!!!! :eek1: :haha:

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i gotta get down and play a different course with ya. played gamblers yesterday with the FIL. shot a 95, but had 2 in the water and 2 in the woods off of the tees. he said i could have taken 10 shots off easy.

i straightened out my drive so me compensating for my slice put me in a lot of trouble.

havent touched the truck. hopefully this week. its our 1 year anniversary today, wow iy goes by fast.

ill give you a ring during the week and see if we can play soon.

man i just rambled.

ps. i would have said something to the guy, fing dick.

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

What a d!ck. I hate asshats like that, and so will his kid.

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:haha:

Yeah, lets hook up next weekend for a round down here.. We'll do either Bea Lee or Cedar Creek...

Funny how your game changes around... Super stoked on my iron game lately, great ball striking, been hitting it real solid... Driving has been a little eratic as I've been working on that "whip thru the hitting zone" move lately... Been hitting it a ton, just not always sure where it's gonna go...

Been playing Forge Pond, the executive, so not much call for the driver and real tight, but it's been good for my irons.. chipping is back to good again.. putting is iffy... not 3 putting, but I can't sink a putt longer than 5 or 6'... :doah: :haha:

6. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't of been able to resist. I would of said something to the prick dad. That's just me. A few months ago I was driving down a busy street and this very young girl I could see from far away was holding up a sign and looked like she was crying. This was at an intersection where everyday someone is holding a will work for food sign or something.
    As I got closer I could read her sign and it said something like to the effect of I am a bad person and I don't do well in school. Right behind her was her dad pushing her closer to the street and yelling at her. She was maybe 14 or 15.:mad: I rolled down my window and cussed his ass out! I expected him to come back at me and I was ready to get out of the car if need be he just took it. I came back by that way about 10 minutes later and they were gone.
    No matter what she did in school that in no way to handle the situation and she will hate him forever just for that instance. I don't know I still get mad thinking about seeing how degrated she was and I would do the same thing all over again. I just think there are better ways to handle things.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a good STFU was in order. By the way, I'm guessing that the kid already hates him.

8. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Or put a 9 iron to his head. "Oops, didn't see ya behind me there."

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You see parents like that with every sport...

My daughter played baseball for two years, and we saw way too much of that going on. If it was limited to a few parents it could probably have been dealt with, but i found it was a lot of the coaches as well. The organization she played for usually cranks out very good teams year after year (Canadian champs again this year and heading to Elizabethtown again) but I can't help but wonder at what cost...

We decided if it wasn't fun we weren't going to force her to continue with it.

I quit sports entriely when I was 13 because of my Dad, and never truly forgave him for it.

I suck at golf...

Rene

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Now you know how Tiger Woods felt :doah:

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Similar subject came up yesterday. We ran into some of my sons friends in the mall. We were talking football sign ups. Seems there is a league locally and one in the next city over. The local league is cut throat with screaming coaches, parents fist fighting in the stands, and if you get cut in tryouts, you lose all your sign up money. The next city over is more sedate with no cuts, less competition, and a more laid back attitude. The guy we were talking to said that he wished the slower league was a tad bit more competitive, but given the idiotic behavior of most of the other league, he opted for the better environment. We may go that route as well. Teaching a kid to be competitive is good. Teaching a kid to win at all costs and to be an asshole isn't........

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You should have told the asswipe that just because he failed in sports and suffers from smallcocks disease he shouldn't try to make up for his failures though his kid. I would have followed it up with a nice "b!tch" at the end of the comment.

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Agreed. I don't advocate a complete lack of competition either, but the emphasis should be on fun and learning the game. What is the point of playing a game if it isn't fun?

Rene

14. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

That dude is so lucky it weren't me and my buddy paired up with him. He just stopped by and I let him read this post. He and I both agreed that first we would have said something... and then if he had given us any lip... we would have done something. I am big guy, but my buddy is a monster.

I will NOT tolerate physical or verbal abuse against a kid. I am all about discipline. And there is a seriously wide black line between discipline and abuse.

I hate sports fanatic parents!!! I was dating this girl with two boys for a while and we would go to her sons Baseball games. This was a little before the major crackdowns on out of control parents. There was this dad who was screaming at his kid and then started hollering and the other kids. I stay cool cause the woman told me to, but then he said something derogatory in the general direction of her son. She gave me the look and in about a second I was in that guys face. I invited him away from the field and he and I had a heart to heart about the possible consequences of his continued negative behavior. Nothing physical, however suffice it to say that he was a much more a model of self control whenever I was at the games.

I just won't put up with that ****. EVER!!!!

People should have to take a test, obtain a license and maintain a permit to have kids.

15. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I was gonna say something, but my buddy was like, really, what is that going to accomplish besides aggravating him more. He needs way more than 1 guy telling him his behavior is unacceptable.
    If he's hittin' his kid in front of us, imagine what he does behind closed doors. He wasn't like whaling on him or anything, more like a single whack upside the head, but no hitting is accpetable . But yeah, mabye I should have done something.

16. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I woulda club him like baby seal if he'd a mouthed off to me.