Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got pepper spray?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ak bandit, Nov 29, 2005.

1. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

definetly a cop who deserves to be reprimanded for the spraying the pepper spray the way he did.

you can hear others besides the dude coughing from it.

smooth move there exlax.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

should have hit him with more. this is where tasers come in. the cops were coughing because two were hit with it as well. pepper spray is non lethal irritant. thats why they use it and not mace now. mace will make you go blind if used in that way.

the dude needed to be tased. he got less that what i think he deserved. but he did get as little as possible. the spray wasnt affecting him at all so they used more. it still didnt work like they would have liked it to. brass knuckles as well... guy is a big boy. MORE SPRAY i say....
    Grant

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

tazer is needed for something like that, too bad it came to the guy charging them

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I would have hit him with the tazer after about 45 seconds of non-compliance. Those cops were WAY too patient, IMHO.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Apparently they forgot to get issued the ass kicking at briefing.................

7. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well ive noticed that when a camera is present, most officers are a tad more liable to use thier discretion.

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Which is a euphamism for not using the proper amount of force in the first place and thereby putting themselves in further harms way.

9. RubberFloorMat

true, however when the media is always second guessing officers decisions, the officer has to make a decision about his actions possibly coming back to haunt him.

for example, i saw a episode of COPS in New Orleans, and they would bounce someone off the ground for no good reason....hence thier reputation as being less than stellar when it comes to honesty and discretion.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You have to remember, there is always a reason for someone getting bounced off the ground. It may not be obvious to the viewing public, but there's always a reason........................ :D

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And I really wouldn't attribute something like that to their reputation. It's more of them being dirty than just a little thing like that. The whole department needs a makeover starting with the mayor on down................

12. RubberFloorMat

.” the constable must remember that there is no qualification more indispensable to a

police officer than a perfect command of temper, never suffering himself to be moved in

the slightest degree by any language or threats that may be used: if he do his duty in a

quiet and determined manner, such conduct will probably induce well-disposed bystanders to assist him, should he require it.”

PG 20

This means that when officers are encouraged to treat the populace with respect and dignity, he will receive a proportional amount of support, police are ineffective without the communities moral support and respect, inasmuch as citizens may be more likely to vote positively on bond issues that fund police and police community programs if they feel that the police hold their best interests at heart.

In turn if police are brutal or have a history of abuse of power, even normal citizens are less inclined to obey the law.

America is a country founded on rebellion, and abusive government is not tolerated by its citizens, even though certain individual rights are often traded for the good of society as a whole, any group who ignores the basic rights put forth in the constitution will not have the support of the community at large.

from my recent paper on "police-community relations" for school.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

And that has to do with this why??????????????????????

The issue is why NOPD is a cesspool. First off, crap pay. Forces their officers to take second and third jobs; or to play both sides. It's been well documented of some of the stuff that goes on down there. Pretty pathetic. Second off, crap leadership. I would even wager a guess that their hiring procedures are crap. Boucing someone off the ground hardly makes a crap reputation. It's a combination of things and those things I have previously listed, i.e. the things that make headlines will be the reputation builder.

14. RubberFloorMat

sorry dindt know we were talking about NOPD, i was talking in general, ya NOPD is one of the worst dept in the country, my point in my other post was
    that when walking down the street, 5 officers see a guy stumble off a curb, obviously intox.

the 5 officers tackle him and start bouncing him off the ground, just for public intox, NON VIOLENCE, dude never once refused to obey an order, followed all verbal instructions etc.
    that type of crappy decision making DOES point to frustration, bad training, poor hiring practices, and yes low pay....im afraid you missed my point....my bad

what i meant by including that part of my paper is that when officers use the proper amount of discretion,and dont abuse thier authority by always trying to use the proper amount of force.

when they use thier heads, they have the respect of the people that they work for...the public.

now dont get me wrong, i would have Zapped ol boy after about 5 mins, had i been alone.
    but since it was a good bet he was a EPD and drunk, the officer waited until he had backup and acted properly in my opinion.

bubba i hope this clarifies my position for you.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You pretty much nailed it with the exception of the "brother-in-law" hiring policy, complete lack of consequences for anything not caught on film and shown on the news (questionable even then) and the policy of making NOPD live in NO. Not exactly the most house for the $$.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I just hope you become a cop somewhere besides OK, you're too smart for us............ :D

17. RubberFloorMat

nah im just like you, Army Infantry, raised on a ranch....like to shoot guns and eat steak etc...

but im well read and both my parents hold advanced degrees...must have rubbed off on me.

but im a student at OSU-OKC in the Police Science program....

im the only one in my family without at least a Masters degree, including my 24 yr old little sister.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Does the state still have that program where you can get your CLEET certification through college?

19. RubberFloorMat

yup Collegiate Officers Program

thats what im doing, last semseter is gonna be rough, cause i have cleet classes
    from 0800 to 1700 every day.

gonna have to save my pennies

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The CLEET classes are weak, very weak....................