Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got pics of TSM park brake caliper installed?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Sep 14, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

hey guys i just got the kit from TSM today, and it is awesome. i am 18 years old i i worked all summer for this kit. i also have a hydro boost and an going to run all new lines from the MC back to the rear. i got the park brake calipers and i was wondering how you guys set them up. i want to see what position the calipers are in and where to weld the tab on my axle for the flex lines....any pic of the system from the inside of the vehicle facing out would be great. all the pics i've found are the outside facing in and they do me no good, thanks...
    steven Kadowaki

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

no pics for u but i bet u paid through the nose for that set-up?

3. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

check this out.....741 dollars later! but i think the calpiers are brand new.

[​IMG]

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Started out with the Caddy calipers using an AZ Kickin' bracket and hardware. Didn't like the Caddy calipers so I sold them and bought TSM. Looks like this:

[​IMG]

5. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

how well do the TSMs work?? does the parking brake hold at all?

6. Desert Rat

Mine doesn't work worth a hoot right now, but that is most likely due to the cable setup I have. I ordered custom cables waaaaay too long. So, mine go up from the axle, kind of make a big bend, then head up front. I'm not getting enough pull on the cables to clam down hard. I am going to pull them off at some point and have them shortened up so they are straighter like the stock setup.

[​IMG]

7. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Mine work OK. When I ripped a front brake line off on a trip and had no hydraulics, I had enough in the parking brakes to make it home from the mountains...carefully and slow.

I've had the TSM calipers (same as Desert Rats) for a little over a year. One has developed a slight fluid leak from the seal that the parking brake lever uses. Its not a constant leak, but I see it once in a while when the truck is parked.

When I emailed TSM to find out what their "Large GM" calipers were from (so I could buy a rebuild kit or new caliper), they told me 76-78 eldo. The calipers at Napa, Bumper-tobumper, however, are not the same. So I still have the TSM caliper and the small leak (until I take the time to find these calipers in the catalogs).

I made drop brackets for my parking brake cable to give them a little more length. The cables are still a slight bit short and will start to apply the parking brake when one side is at full droop. I have pulled a different cable setup from a 1989 sub. It has one cable on the drivers side and splits to two with one going over the diff to the passenger side. I have yet to install it.

8. Desert Rat

Mouse, can you throw up a pic of yours? I need to make new cables and I'd like to see how yours look.

9. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Do you want to see the new cable setup that I'm planning on using?

cable1.JPG

10. Desert Rat

Certainly. So, you used some angle iron and dropped the stock cables down a bit I take it. How did you hook them up to the calipers?