Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got Pics?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by SAVAGE1, Jul 28, 2000.

1. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I want to put some 12's in the back of the Blazer but I want them hidden. Any of you guys got pics of your set ups... I'm trying to get an idea of the best way to hide them. Also what is the biggest size woofer that can be fitted into the side wall panels next to the rear bench seat. I want to hide some speakers in the walls too. </font color=blue>

BLAZE IT UP!!!

2. waterboy

waterboy Registered Member

i dont have any pictures but i can tell you the largest woffer that will fit in the side wall is an eight inch but if your going to pu in subs hidden in the rear than all you need is some 6x9s in the side and it would be better not to hide them because they wont sound as good and they wont be in open air as for the subs you could either get a deck built in the cargo area coverin the entire floor area and have your amp and your subs in their also you could have your wheel wells cut on the back side and get some on to custom mount them in their and then they could cover the speakers then but you would have to protect them by welding new metal to cover them from the outside in the rear wheel. that is about ill ive ever been able to do

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Here's a picture of MTX Thunder 5000's (10"ers) mounted in the side panel of my Blazer. Panel is made of 5/8" particle board, covered in carpet. Had to add one 5/8" spacer to get the backspacing, but they fit and work great.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Looks good BlazzinOR. Are those 10's mounted in a sealed box built into the wall or are they just sitting "free air"</font color=blue>

BLAZE IT UP!!!

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Free air, with "ports" being accomplished by the air gap at the back of the tailgate. Not scientifically figured as a pro stereo installer would do but they pound pretty good. I am beyond the 135 decibel stereo days, so this works good for me and frees up space in my rig.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com