Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got pulled over today... for being too loud.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Oct 1, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

So I'm driving home from classes today in our '68 Chevy 3/4 ton 2wd pickup. It has a stock 307 motor in it, and happens to be the quietest rig I have right now (not that it's super quiet... it doesnt have very long tailpipes, but everything else I have is louder).

The cop pulls me over and asks "Why so loud". I was confused for about 5 seconds, wondering what was loud. Then he asked if the truck had mufflers. I was like, yeah, they're there. So after he checks the usual lic/reg/insurance, he just says have the exhaust checked out.

I was thinking about saying this was the quitest thing I had, but I figured I better not. Obviousely this was not one of the three cops that were behind me recently when I was driving the "Truck Blazer" with a built 396 and short glasspacks, running 39.5" boggers on the street.

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Probably an excuse to pull you over to check if your drunk or something...stupid stereotype stuff. Or he was just being anal about it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

City Cop? County? or State?

4. mountainexplorer

He was being decent. Probably just didnt have anything else to do, then he saw the 'ole yellow truck drive by and it attracted his attention.

5. mountainexplorer

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

The City Cop's are going after easier, less noticeable thing's after last weekend's, shooting. Kinda funny, here's a Female patrol cop, who with one shot killed a person. With a pistol!

A week before 3 Swat team member's hit the another guy, in the mouth, the stomach, and an arm. The swat team boy's, {we call em Jammy Boy's] are supposed to be trained marksmen, shooting rifle's, and this little 5'2" blonde woman, can out shoot them. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

She should be training the Jammy Boy's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Been there done that with my truck when it had a glasspack...pulled over by a state trooper. Got off with a fix-it warning, so now I've got a muffler /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Been there done that with my truck when it had a glasspack...pulled over by a state trooper. Got off with a fix-it warning, so now I've got a muffler /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ] 40 Series Flowmaster ??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. mountainexplorer

What was the deal with that? Ive been so busy with stuff and so out of it, I havent even kept up on local events outside the realm of parts trading and last weeks mud race.

10. mountainexplorer

The truck I was driving has one regular muffler, and one glasspack. About time for new matching exhaust now anyway.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's hilarious. My trucks in high school always had glasspacks.

12. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Kid had a bb gun, told the lady cop he was gonna kill her, except, she drew first, and whacko, gone, one shot.

Come to find out the kid was deaf anyhow,had his hearing aid in, but evidently, did'nt work to well.

13. mountainexplorer

Everything else I have has glasspacks... all louder than the truck I was driving. The only rig without glasspacks is the Suburban which has Dynomax Turbo mufflers, which are probably a hair louder.

Then later this evening, I drove home a friends motorhome that I borrowed last weekend... it has a blown out muffler and at certain RPM's, has more bass than some peoples stereo systems. A Sheriff was right next to me in the motorhome as I was "roaring" down the street in it, and he didnt pull me over.