Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got pulled over...

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by Chevy305, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ya today I got pulled over for speeding for the first time ever since I got my liscence. :eek1: So cop had a really good speed trap going, he clocked me at 49mph in 30mph. :doah: :crazy:
    Maybe I should fix my speedo...

I mean everyone does 40mph or more on that road. But I think the worst part is that my friend drove by me when I was pulled over laughing his ass off. :rolleyes:

I thankfully got off with a warning. Thank GOD brecause that was real lucky too because insurance is a bitch and I don't need a speeding ticket adding to it. The cop said it would have been a $190 ticket. :eek1:

He also says that it is against the law to lift a truck over 2" from the factory height and mine is around 7" total lift. :crazy: I didn't know that, I thought the limit was 6" :screwy:. I don't know how I've been passing inspection if I am over the legal limit?

The funny part is that as the cop was walking back to his car I started my truck and left a big puff smoke as I pulled away. :D

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

You were LUCKY!!...

I have not been pulled over in a long time..but then,I drive like an old fart to save gas most of the time!...you were real lucky he didn't write you up!--it would have cost a LOT of your time and cash to get the ticket paid off,or going to court to fight it..

I am suprised a cop actually DID stop you in a way--So many folks around here treat the roads like a personal speedway,they always go way over the speed limit,tailgate,pass on the right,and many vehicles I see have only one headlight or tailight,no plate lights,loud mufflers,etc..and the cops must ignore it all,because I RARELY see any with a car pulled over,or hear about many traffic stops on the scanner anymore..

( I do hear of many hitting deer at high speeds though!--people think they own the roads,fly on back roads at 50 mph,and never stop to think a 400 lb DEER could walk in front of them! --OR someones KID..)

They supposedly put 200 additional state police on patrol this week,due to Labor day--but I drove from my house to my sisters in Lunenburg yesterday,and only saw 1 statie sitting on the median at RT117/495...traffic SUCKED yesterday--I had to get off at the Rt.140 exit in your home town of Franklin,and CRAWL all the way to foxboro--then it finally cleared out..Rt.495 was a parking lot after the 140 exit,thanks to that never ending road construction,from rt 140 to rt 1 in foxboro.....F*** that stretch of 495 until its done!..

I almost got killed there in that narrow 2 lane construction zone a week ago--two 18 wheelers with TWO trailers in tow(more like trains than trucks!) were side by side with only inches to spare,and I was nearly crushed between them..they don't seem to care that speeding fines are DOUBLED in a construction zone(I think thats the REAL reason for the construction being dragged out and "milked" so long--to get more $$$$ from speeding tickets..but I see no cops writing any!..just a lot of them standing and looking at the holes they are digging,etc...

Its completely NUTS on the roads around here lately..I think I met every idiot,moron,and A$$$hole driver there is in MA the past 2 days...everything from boobs talking on cell phones going 45 mph in the fast lane,to the jerks towing a 35' yacht with a Toyota pickup weaving all over the 3 lanes,and morons with surfboards and canoes on roofs ,held on with ONE bungee cord,and lifting up and threatening to fly in your FACE at 70 mph,to the elderly moron gawking at new cars on rt. 44 ,at 5 mph that turns off right in front of me with NO signal...AARRRGGHHHHHH!!!:mad: ...I want to shoot people every time I get behind the wheel...

Not sure exactly WHAT the "lift" laws are in MA anymore--I always thought they measured the height of the doors to the ground at inspection..I think it varies depending on which COP pulls you over,and how bad his mood is..

I leave my truck stock height,I don't like lifted ones for street use..poor handling,ride,steering radius,and too much attention from the fuzz are just a few reasons I don't really care for a truck with more than 2" over stock height..I'd feel different if I could wheel around here,but the few places you can are not very difficult--a stock truck is fine,and its more of a challenge to wheel a "stocker"anyway..lift kits and big tires are cheatin!..:crazy:

3. Chevy305

I was actually pulled over on rt. 140. It was the stretch between upper Union st. before it slipts into 4 lanes.

Ya 495 South is mess betwwen exit 17 and exit 15. Its a bitch to try to get to the Cape through all that construction mess.

I must say I think MA drivers are ass holes too. Or "Massholes" :haha:

4. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I guess the statey doesn't really know the vehical lift law. 2" is for cars not trucks. Just like tires can't stick out past the fenders for cars but for 4x4 trucks there is no limit. Or is it 3 inches? I was pulled over for my lift by a statey and he told me the same thing. I told him that I called the RMV and they told me 26" from the bottom of the door/top of the rocker on flat level ground. +/- 1 inch for manufacture difference. I'm at 26.5" So they can bite me. Now I have a copy of the lift law in my glove compartment.

5. Chevy305

26" I guess I should go measure...

6. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

its 26" to get a sticker. my doors at 34.5" and my tires stick out of my wheel wells about 4" and nobody has said anything. i have driven by cops all muddy too.

7. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hey you were lucky, i remember when i got pulled over by a statey on my way home from work, first time ever, caught me doin 70 in a 50, runnin a stop sign, then 50 in a 35, and no seat belt to boot, and he let me off with a warning:eek1: :eek1:

8. diesel4me

Better behave!!

I sold my 79 C-10 today,and while driving it to the new owners house,I was passed by a town cop with its lights flashing at about 70mph on a street that has a 30 mph limit!.:eek1: ---I saw him coming,but I was a bit fearful it was ME he was after..but I was lumbering along at about 25,behind the guy who bought my truck in his car..he blew by us,and after stopping at the stop sign,he booted it and left a posi burnout for 20 ft!..I wonder where he was going in such a hurry??....

I also saw a cruiser with someone pulled over about a mile before that,and some state cops stopping a car right near my house on the highway,earlier in the day!..I guess they are getting serious about cracking down on traffic offences,and drugs around here...been lots of cops around for a change--usually you rarely see one stopping anyone..:crazy:

9. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

cops

maybe they are trying to clean up taunton. :haha: i saw a hooker couple tuesdays ago by the rotary sucking down nips at 9:30am.

10. Chevy305

Taunton? :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl: :haha: :haha:

9:30, must be morning wood :p: :haha:

11. diesel4me

I saw her too I think!...

I had to visit lovely downtown Taunton yesterday to go to the Registry,to renew my 82 k20's plates,an cancel the ones off the 79 C10 I sold..

Taunton center is becoming a ghetto..not that it wasn't always!..its just now,the hookers,dope dealers,homeless and other "street people" are always milling around the green, or its surrounding streets more than ever before..my friend lives right near the common where the rotary is..he says its like living in the Bronx..:doah: ..they recently kicked out a bunch of homeless people who had a "camp" behind the old mall,near railroad tracks,for several years!.now they are scattered all over Taunton and Raynham..many live in the woods off Rt.44 near where I live..:eek1:

Brockton is really tough town too!..I stay out of there,they had 4 shootings last week there,and 2 deaths resulting..it looks like latin america there,and Taunton is getting the same way..

My friend says every morning, there are hookers are standing in front of the convinience store he buys ciggaretts at..and every morning they ask if he's "looking for some action"..said a few of them were really nice looking--but he's married,and doesn't want to get AIDS or whatever else they are "selling",or ruin his marriage!..crack cocaine is the main reason for the rise in this activity and most of the crime around here lately..that,and heroin..lots of people here who only sell dope ,and pimp for a living..when you see a 18 year old kid in a Lexus,Mercedes, or BMW,you can bet its a dope dealer..

I saw two "girls" standing at a street corner on my way home,and they both extended their leg out as I drove by!..they had daisy duke shorts on,and I almost scrubbed the curb!..but decided I'd better keep going..it wouldn't be cool to get busted with my pants down, in my moms van!...:doah: :crazy:

12. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

yeah brockton sucks. i go there too on my "ghetto run" every tuesday for my delivery route. start in dorchester, quincy, braintree, randolf, stoughton, brockton, raynham, taunton, then back to quincy. i park next to the bread guy who has a baseball bat mounted in place of the fire extinguisher.