Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got REALLY Stuck... REALLY long

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I went out with a couple of my friends to meet one of my friend's friends and show off my stereo system which is better than hers... Anyway, at about 9 we all went over to this crazy scary restaurant full of weird people (Zen's Bistro) and purple walls and stuff... And this weird girl Serena came over and sat at my table and just started talking to me like I knew her...

So she and my two other friends packed into the X and went cruising... Eventually we got on a road to follow, and follow... and follow... Soon enough, we came to I-80 and started going West. I decided we were going to go to the Vedawu recreation area parking lot and leave.

We got to the parking lot after what seemed like AGES of driving and see a HUGE snow drift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I start trying to get across but get stopped about halfway and back up, so we continued down a bumpy dirt road for about 5 minutes... After turning around and going back, I decided I was DETERMINED to get across that damn drift.

I put it in the gears and all that and just gunned it straight across But coming back the other way was a different story. I didn't have nearly as much room to get some speed before hitting the snow, so I got stuck, high centered, right in the middle of this 3 foot deep snow drift. Whoohoo... Us three guys get out and for hours we dig, rock, turn, spin wheels, and nothing is getting us loose. Finally, after trying everything we can think of (it's now midnight), we decided to go wake up whoever was in a white Bronco in another lot.

Knock on the window a few times, shout n stuff, light a lighter and determine no one is in there....... SO, my semi-dumb friend decides he's going to walk back to the highway in the below-zero wind-chill in the dark by himself. After realizing he was going no matter how dumb I told him it was, I figured he would get a ride to Laramie and come back with a tow truck in about an hour and a half (if he didn't die in the prarie that is)...

So I go back to the X and we're sitting there talking and wondering why we brought along this strange girl that only one of us knew and no one wanted to know. Then a guy appears outside my door knocking on the window, it was the guy from the "empty" Bronco. He's really cool, didn't mind me waking him up... We pulled out my tow strap and hook it up to what we thought was a chunk of metal. It was a chunk of metal, but it was the bumper... The guy starts pulling, bumper folds in half, and we try another place... This place would work fine if it weren't for the fact that the stupid tow strap broke.

He lets me use his cell phone to call the highway patrol to dispach a tow truck to us and goes back to his parking spot to sleep after searching up the road for our friend.

Again, we waited for about an hour or so before the tow truck showed up... He pulled us out after about 20 minutes and charged us $305!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend had to give up his insurance, car payment, and something else... So I have to see if I can get it refunded through insurance on Monday..

So we're finally out of the snow drift, but haven't seen our friend for over an hour. We waited at the entrance to the recreation area for about 30 minutes before we went to Laramie, about 20 minutes away... Went to a gas station, got gas and water, called the police to file a missing person report, and wait... I was going inside the gas station to use their restroom when my phone rings, it's Patte from work.

She asks if we got unstuck and all that and said she had our friend right next to her... SO he gets on the phone, I rip him a new [censored] for the next 5 minutes, my other friend gets on the phone and rips him one for another 5 minutes, the weird girl is just laughing, and I called the cops and said we found him.

Oh yeah, I forgot... Before I called the cops (while the gas tank was filling), the girl called her dad who promptly wanted to speak to me in his best angry voice. It was 3:45 am by this time, I was tired, hungry, thirsty, cold, and worried sick about my friend who for all I knew was laying dead at the bottom of a cliff. This girls dad wanted to lecture me about taking his daughter to Laramie and staying out all night... As well as some other things... He told me he wanted his daughter home in one hour, I said that's not gonna happen because we have to talk to the cops. He didn't seem to get it through his head that getting his daughter home by a certain time wasn't high on my priority list... I explained to him that our friend could very well die tonight and all he cared about was that I get his daughter home within 2 hours or he'll be calling the police.

Got the crazy girl home in time, picked up stupid friend and took him home, took other friend home, and now I'm home half asleep typing this...

What a lovely friggin night, $300 in debt to my friend, bent bumper, and I don't even want to KNOW what I possibly busted...

I think it's time for that lift kit so I don't have this problem again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I pulled an Exploder outta the sand the other day. I carry 2 10,000 pound straps and a couple of clevis hooks with me. This guy was up to his door bottoms in sand. Don't know why he thought he could go through the creekbed in that thing.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sounds like y'all had a down home, knee slappin hootenanny!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

What were you thinking.............Zen's Bistro is a cess pool. No offense Carl, but I have never, ever seen a person in that place that I would allow in my home. I hope that you learned your lesson about that place.

As far as getting stuck, You could have called me. I don't mind pulling out a friend. I would have pointed and laughed at you first. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And this weird girl Serena came over and sat at my table and just started talking to me like I knew her...

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it hasn't been asked yet so I guess I will do the deed.........

Would you hit it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Would I hit it??? Ummm... NOOOOO... I don't think you fully understand the scariness of the people that hang out at that Zen's Bistro place! I could have been raped or murdered or offered drugs or something /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And Bob... Yes, I learned my lesson... Don't know why I didn't think to call you (other than it was 1:30 am), but it's coo... I'm pretty sure I can get that money back if I neglect to tell the insurance people that I was out messing around being bad /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway... I was gonna call you earlier, I need to get that bumper off... It's all ugly and I don't have anything big enough to get those bolts off... I'll call you later though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Also went out looking at trucks... considering just getting a pickup that's fairly cheap to lift... and a toolbox in the back... Or spend a few thousand bucks making my Explorer lifted and able to avoid or get out of that situation... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Click here for pics. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Would I hit it??? Ummm... NOOOOO... I don't think you fully understand the scariness of the people that hang out at that Zen's Bistro place! I could have been raped:o

[/ QUOTE ]

can't rape the willing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

sorry i had to say it.

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    making my Explorer lifted and able to avoid or get out of that situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

Get some recovery points on that thing. Would have saved your bumper. Or better yet, sell it and get a K5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I went out with a couple of my friends to meet one of my friend's friends and show off my stereo system which is better than hers...

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Kids these days