Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got rid of my project Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Jun 30, 2004.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Last year I picked up a 83 Blazer for $800 and my plan was to turn it into my wheeling rig so that I wouldn't destroy my other Blazer. The other day a friend of mine who is just starting to get into the whole wheeling thing offered to trade his 88 Cherokee with 4.0 engine , manual tranny and 4x4 for my project Blazer so due to the insane gas prices and no funding to finish the project I did it. I had about $1500 invested in the project including the inicial $800 for the truck so I guess it's not that bad. I hate to do it but the Cherokee is very clean inside and out and will make a cheaper daily driver. Oh well, still have the other Blazer which I will never sell.

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

turn that cherokee into your trail rig. I was going to do that to are old cherokee, but we got the sub instead and sold the cherokee.

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I have actually been considering it, the 4.0 engine is pretty strong and with the fuel injection it should be good for wheeling. A small lift and some fendertrimming should clear 33's and my Blazer could then function as my tow/slash recovery vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

sound like a plan /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i like the cherokees (i must, i have 3 of them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]