Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got some good news!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Dec 4, 2006.

?

What's your credit score?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2006.
  1. 330-400

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. 401-500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 501-600

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. 601-650

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. 651-700

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. 701-750

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. 751-800

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. 801-830

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  9. I'm nekkid, and don't share.

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Just did a credit report on meselves. I scored a 717! Not bad for being 20, and almost $9,000 in debt. :doah: What's your score?

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm at 728, @ about $11,000 in debt

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I have yet to find an online source that does it for free, and I'm sure as **** not gonna pay to have someone assign me a "number". I'm sure, however, that I would be up there somewhere. I have built quite a bit of equity in the last 4 years, and my debt is pretty damn low........:thumb:

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm what is referred to in the car business as a "rock star"

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just did a refinance on my house and they pull a credit report and mine was 817.

Paul if you call the credit places you are allowed 1 free report each year. Also if you ever applied for credit somewhere and are denied then you also get a free report.

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Does Canukistan have equivalent laws?

7. 4X4HIGH

Not sure but i'm guessing yes.

8. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

The scores are not normally on the reports. I have a Providian credit card that lets me see my score for free. I think it was 720+ last time I looked.

9. 4X4HIGH

My score was on every report that i have ever gotten.

10. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

There are lots of different "Scores" some reports have real FICO scores - most don't. Typically you have to pay extra for them. The other scores cannot be compared to the real FICO score.

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Depends on the state and type of report you get.

But guys: PLEASE do not do that free credit report.com BS. Go directly to the credit repositories to get your report. That site is just a mass marketing tool and you will be on every mail/e-mail/telemarketing list known to man.

And technically there is a FICO (trans union), BEACON (equifax), and Fair, Isaac (experian)score, the middle score is generally the one that determines your credit status.

12. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

In the US, you are allowed 1 free report from each of the 3 credit agencies each year. You can get them by going to www.anualcreditreport.com, the only other source I use is www.myfico.com - a little pricey, but it comes from Fair Isaac and I trust it.

13. 4X4HIGH

My scores are from Equifax, Experian and Trans Union. One was 803 another 817 and another 820.

14. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

I do not know my score for certain. I know it is pretty decent. I am unfornuatlty 200-225 thousand in debt. That sounds worse added up like that.

15. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm at 566 with $16,000 in debt.... dammit!

16. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested know if they are true FICO scores and if not to see how they compare to the FICO scores.

17. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

If you pay for it and it comes directly from a credit bureau, it's a "real" score.

And like I said before, they're not all FICO, there are three, even though they are generally referred to as FICO scores, only the TU is actually a FICO. In the car business I've heard that they give more weight to the TU score, I know that some banks and credit card companies determine which of the 3 to use based on your region. In the mortgage business it's simply the middle of the three that determines which is used to establish credit rating.

I pull a few credit reports every day and some of you guys are doing pretty good, especially for your age.

To some extent the scores piss me off, I was in this business before scores were the primary decider, when we had to take into account all of the accounts you had, the payment history, balance to available credit ratios etc. The scoring system has made it easier for companies to make those decisions but it has also shortchanged the consumer in some instances.

Having too much avail. credit will hurt your score, as will too little, regardless of pay history. Opening and closing accounts can cause a drop in score, with little rhyme or reason apparent to the individual.

19. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

FICO = Fair Isaac and Company. FICO = BEACON = Fair Isaac, all three credit agencies use the same algorithm to calculate the score - they just market it differently. The algorithm is provided by Fair Isaac. Fair Isaac has come up with a new scoring algorithm called Nextgen that is also available under different names from the different providers.

The scores credit issuers get are all FICO scores, the scores that we get from consumer sites may be FICO scores (whether they are called that or not) or they may be similar scores that the provider has developed (some call these FAKO). The FAKO scores are not necessarily the same as FICO scores.

Often the score reported to creditors is different than the FAKO score sold to the consumer by the report provider (especially if it is a third party - not one of the big 3).

It is kind of sad that credit has become such a commodity using mostly just the credit score. Sometimes it is nice to have a lender who will really get to know you and your credit profile. But I think it has helped lead to lower rates overall because it has streamlined the process.

20. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Last I checked ours was pushing 800 but who knows now that was a few years ago when I bought our van