Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got some ideas...

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by laketex, Oct 14, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

You know we've been having the little get togethers at resturants, and that's all good and stuff, but I've got a more productive idea I think.

What about a wrenching party? Like once a month, regional of course? Somebody has a big project and about 10 folks storm his driveway ready to work! I'd be more than ready to help my fellow wheelers out! Anyways, there's my big idea.

Oh and we need to start having organized club runs or something maybe quarterly...not that my rig is up, but wait till december when this class is over. We'll be rockin and rollin

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

got the idea for that here

http://www.jeepn.com/

Go to events, and then WAT...or check the forums. We could do the same sort of thing!

3. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What about a wrenching party? Like once a month, regional of course? Somebody has a big project and about 10 folks storm his driveway ready to work! I'd be more than ready to help my fellow wheelers out! Anyways, there's my big idea.

[/ QUOTE ] Great we can start at your place I'll bring my blazer and you can put a cage in it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

That sounds like a good idea.

BYW when are you coming to get these parts ??? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

tommorrow...in the afternoon. good for you?

And fulltop, sorry dude, i dont have a bender. You must have me confused with somebody else /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. fulltopblazer

I stay confused /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifI forgot about the whole bender thing. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

wrenching party!!!!!

that sounds cool, anyone need any help with anything, how about a moving party or a shop building party or lets rip out the carpet and put in new carpert or lets riip out the linoleum and put in pergo party, or lets lay some concrete party LOL i am looking at a house /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

how about if we chip in and get you a bender so you can build cages for us, we could keep it at our meeting place, wherever that is, or i know of a bender that a lsk5'r has /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i don't know about the rest of you, but time is just flying by so fast

8. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of chipping in for a bender--I would be willing to help laketex get another bender so he could build some roll cages for everyone that would want one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Good Idea....ain't really much of a mechanic, but it sounds like a good time....thinkin' I'm gonna replace the TBI 350 with a Crate this Spring.....just did a Ceramic tile floor in the bathroom, and replaced all the siding on my wife's house....

10. fulltopblazer

Maybe we got something going here laketex

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

LOL, well let's get it awn!!! In this case, I'd like to get a JD4 with 3 dies. LOL. You pitch $300 and pay for materials...I get tubing CHEAP...and you get a free cage. HAHA.

Hey you brought it up, not me!

12. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

ya' know, if several of us went in, for a club purchase, that would work out pretty good, you could keep it at your place and we could come on by and build and bend /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I'm willing to do that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifwe need some more people to chip in too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifNot totally my idea fourwheelerjeff brought it up, but I think it's a real good idea. BTW how much exactly is that bender you are wanting anyway?

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif