Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got some new wheels

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Sep 1, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

With the stupid gas prices these days I needed to find something that gets better than 17mpg in the city like my Heep Cherokee and whatever kind of mileage this big block K5 gets. I found some transportation that gets about 60mpg but it's not good for any "family" travel..just to and from work and school. I should be getting it in 2 weeks when the dealer gets the 2004 models. Kawasaki KLR 650

[​IMG]

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Sweet! I wish I could ride my dirt bike every day. Would get a lot better milage than my trucks do. Only bad thing is its a 2 stroke, so I would smell like that all the time. Although, maybe thats a good thing?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I hear the ladies like it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Kris

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

great bike, I just wish they would make the diesel model they have been toying with.

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Diesel??? That thing would get around 150 miles to the gallon. You would only have to fill up once every six months!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. big pappa b

They do make a diesel model but it's only for use by the Marines. Not available to the public /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

8. big pappa b

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How much use will you get out of it ??? Whats weather like up there durring winter ?? How meny months per year can you ride to and from work ??? New bikes are nice, but being the cheap bastard I am, I'd look into a used bike. Something like a Kawasaki LTD 440 from the mid 80's would be cheap, and fun for just a basic bike. But it's your money, buy what you want. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

About 142 est. Miles per gallon.

11. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I've meaning to go to a dealer and see if they can some how order one, maybe one can be built at the end of a military contract. Or maybe find a 650 that is a couple of years old and get the diesel motor and do it myself. Might make a good winter project after im done with the blazer