Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got some questions I need answered...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SICNICK, Mar 23, 2006.

1. SICNICK

SICNICK Registered Member

If you can give insight on any, please let me know:D

First of all, I have a 96 Chevy 4.3 Vortec CPI, it is on an engine stand here in my room, i have it down to the block, (crank, rods and pistions are still in) although i have taken the four main caps of the crank( which I assume hold the bearings) what would cause this to still not turn over?:mad: On edit, the pistons and rods look fine...

Next does anyone know if I can use my existing starter and flywheel on this motor?, I will be keeping my SM465

Will the existing motor mounts accept this v6? I assume so becasue the mounts are on the same part of the block as a v8.

And lastly, I dint get a fuse box with this motor, but have the wiring harness and ECU, will this present a problem?

As soon as these are answered and my motor is spinnin' ill be able to swap her in! Thanks guys:D

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure you'll have to do something custom with the motor mounts.

And by not turn over, are you saying that the motor is seized? Cause with what you have left in there, I would say that a rod bearing would have to be seized on the crank, for it to not be able to turn over.

3. SICNICK

Thanks for the reply, I will deffinately check that out...

right now im just trying to figure out how to get the remaining crank caps off with a few of them down inside the motor, and no way to rotate them back up:confused:

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

the motor mounts are the same as a V8 because when you put a v8 where a 4.3 was you can use the stock mounts the extra length of the block is in the front.
    Was the engine from a auto or manual trans?
    Are you sure it is CPI 95 was the last year for CPI

5. SICNICK

well its got the one injector and the 6 spider wires that come off of it, so maybe its a 95 :p:

Thanks for the motor mount info

So what is your opinion of the CPI? Ive heard its pretty good, and although expensive, my injectors arent as much as MPI

6. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

i like CPI, it has a good amount of power for a 4.3. I have a s-10 with it in it, and i swaped CPI into my friends 89 S-10 plus i have a few CPI intakes laying around.
    Is the intake Cast Aluminium or Plastic
    What are you putting this in to?

7. SICNICK

intake is aluminum, going into my k10:D